chapter¹²

the baking date

the baking date

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

05:50 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n dusts her flour covered fingers on her green apron which has wings on the corner. she even got carlos an apron which has paw prints in the corner. now, she has all the things she needs for her date with carlos.

there's different chocolate chips, icing, cream, jam, plain flour, self raising flour, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, icing sugar, salt, [eggs/egg substitute], [milk/milk substitute], and different types of fruit fruits. and there are also mixing bowls, whisks, baking trays and a lot more equipment. y/n looks over the stuff, 505 by artic monkeys playing in her ears. she hums along, making sure everything looks perfect.

"wow," carlos says, arriving in the school's kitchen. he spots all the stuff, his eyes sparkling. he puts down the plastic bag he looks over and sees y/n who's humming louder than before, using whisks as drumming sticks. carlos covers his mouth to stop himself from laughing. he puts on the apron that looked just like his style, taking off his red furry jumper, leaving him in a black shirt. he did dress up nice, even though y/n told him not to. he's also wearing a some blue jeans and some black trainers which have red and white splotches on them.

carlos spots y/n's outfit under her apron. she's wearing a dark green dress which goes [above/past] her knees, white socks and white platform boots. her [hair is tied up/hijab is done neatly/her make up is light/head is covered with a matching green bandana]. 

"y/n?" he says as y/n still has her back faced towards him. he looks at one of the sweets things on the table. he takes a chocolate chip, throwing it. it lands on y/n's [head/hair/hijab/bandana]. y/n reaches it as she felt something against her head. she turns around, taking off her [headphones/air pods/earphones]. she smiles at him.

"hey,"

"hi, you look amazing," he says, walking over to her. y/n laughs, doing a spin. "like really really amazing,"

"thank you carlos," she says. "lonnie, jane and my mama helped me with my outfit. and i really like yours,"

"thanks," he says, scratching his cheek. y/n looks at him, tilting her head a little. "what?"

"let me guess," she hums. "evie, right?"

"how did you know?" carlos sighs. "is it that obvious?"

"yup," y/n laughs. "but you look very handsome,"

"t-thank you," he says, internally cursing to stop himself from smiling so much. "so, uh, what are we baking?"

"anything we want," y/n says. "i got a different selections of thing so i was thinking we could taste them all first and then bake,"

"i'm okay with that," carlos says, taking a handle of chocolate chips. y/n looks at him, raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms. he stuffs his freckled cheeks with chocolate "what?" he says, looking at y/n, his mouth full.

🦋

"what's this?" carlos asks as y/n pour in her ingredients for her [cake/cookies]. she turns to the left to see him pointing at the strawberries.

"they are strawberries," y/n says, looking at him. he nods, taking one in his mouth. he groans at the taste, putting more and more in his mouth. "haven't you tasted one before?"

"i have literally never tasted one of these before," he says, strawberry juice dribbling down his chin.

"you look so cute," y/n says, trying to cover her mouth to stop herself from laughing. carlos' mind goes blank. a pretty girl, a very pretty girl called her cute.

"you look cute too," he blurts out. y/n feels her cheeks, getting warmer.

"thank you,"

🦋

"can i see your wings?" carlos asks y/n as she whisks the batter for her cake. she hums, doing a small spin, letting them reveal themselves. the song uptown funk plays, letting her and carlos bop their heads to the music. "can i touch them?" y/n nods, sticking her finger in carlos' [favourite cookie flavor] mix. she flexes her wings, making carlos look at them in awe. "can you fly with them?"

y/n starts to flap her wings, lifting herself above the ground. 

"woah..."

🦋

"your mom is miss tinkerbell right?" carlos as they both put their trays in the oven. he dusts his apron, looking at y/n. "who's your dad?"

"no idea," y/n shrugs. "my mama was a bit of a player apparently because the one guy she liked who wasn't my dad was dating someone else. and i was resulted in that. but now, my mama and that guy are married. his name is terrence. so you know," y/n licks the frosting from her spoon. "life is good. i don't really care about my dad that much; whoever he is,"

🦋

"here, i forgot to give it you," carlos says, handing y/n the love drugged cookie. y/n smiles at him.

"thank you," she says, taking the cookie. she's about to eat the cookie before carlos stops her. "what?"

"i just don't wanna give you a cookie flavor you don't like," he takes the cookie from her throwing it in the bin. "that would make me a bad date,"

"but i said i would have tasted it for you," y/n says, looking at him. carlos shakes his head with shrug.

"nope, i don't wanna be a bad date,"

🦋

"i've gotta say, that was really fun," carlos says as he and y/n walk down the corridors of the dorm house.

"it was," after the two finished, they cleaned up, putting the ingredients back and put their treats in tubs. "well, this is my dorm," y/n stops at her door. carlos looks at her, then looks down fidgeting with his fingers. y/n internally curses and gives carlos a kiss on the check. he looks up at her with a smile on his face. "i'll see you tomorrow?"

"y-yeah," he says as y/n gives him a wave, closing the door behind her. carlos touches his cheek and skips all the way to his dorm. "yes!"