chapter¹⁰

r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!

a/n: i'm making another descendants book where y/n is a vk, does anyone want tags?

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

10:50 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"give me a beat!" ben shouts to the band, bopping his leg.

"uno, dos, tres, cuatro!" doug shouts, music starting play. everyone starts to dance and bop their body along to the music.

"did i mention that i'm in love with you?" ben sings, shocking both y/n and mal. y/n looks at mal then at ben. of course, she was happy for him. but "and did i mention there's nothing i can do?" he jumps off the podium. "and did i happen to say, i dream of you every day and let me-"

"shout it out loud!" the crowd, the cheer leaders and the tourney players sing and finish off for ben, shocking him as he turns around. 

"if that's okay, ay ay," ben sings. 

"hey!"

"if that's okay," he continues.

"hey!" and even jay and carlos join in to the dancing and the singing.

"i've met this girl that rocked my world, like it's never been rocked," ben sings, bouncing side to side, y/n and carlos joining him. "and now i'm living just for her and i won't never stop," jay joins them. "i never thought that it could happen to a guy like me," y/n snatches the microphone off him as he starts to dance better.

"but mal, look at what you've done. you've got him down on his knees," y/n sings as ben and the rest of the tourney team fall to their knees dramatically. "because his love for is ridiculous!" carlos and tourney player lift ben off the floor. "he never knew-"

"who knew?" the crow repeats.

"that it could be like this," y/n continues to sing. "his love for you is ridiculous," y/n throws the microphone to ben as she stands next to carlos. 

"my love is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!" ben sings, doing actions to match with the letters he sings. 

"r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!" the tourney champions and y/n, copy ben's actions, making mal gasp.

"it's..." ben points to the crowd that finishes off his sentence.

"ridiculous!"

"just..." 

"ridiculous!"

"and i would give my kingdom for just one kiss!" the tourney champions, y/n and ben start to slowly making their way towards mal as they click their fingers. "well did i mention that i'm in love with you," ben sings, clutching the gold microphone. "and did i mention there's nothing i can do?" ben lean into the tourney players and y/n. "and did i happen to say?" he leans out of them, pointing towards mal. "i dream of you everyday! but let me shout it out loud!" he jumps up and down, the players and the cheerleader following ensuite. "if that's okay ay ay! yeah!" ben leans down, backwards onto the stand. "yay! if that's okay. i gotta know which way to go, c'mon gimme a sign," ben says as he rocks back and forth with a bonce, y/n and the tourney champions copying him. "you gotta show me that you're only ever gonna be mine," the tourney champions and y/n bounce forward and backward with a clap. "don't want to go another minute livin' without you," ben jumps with a kick. "cause if your heart just isn't in it, i don't know what i'd do," he falls onto the the huddle of tourney players before he is thrown up in the air, handing the microphone to y/n. 

"because his love for is ridiculous!" she sings as mal gasps at what ben just did. "he never knew-"

"who knew?" the crow repeats.

"that it could be like this," y/n continues to sing. "his love for you is ridiculous. his love is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!" y/n sings, doing actions to match with the letters she sings.

"r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!" the tourney champions and ben, copy y/n's actions. y/n hands the microphone back to ben. 

"it's..." ben points to the crowd that finishes off his sentence.

"ridiculous!"

"just..."

"ridiculous!"

"and i would give my kingdom for just one kiss, c'mon now!" the tourney players start to free style and even carlos does the splits to try and impress y/n. she laughs, doing the same thing, making carlos smile even more. ben takes off her yellow and blue jersey, throwing towards mal, who catches it. with a smile on her face "alright!" 

"hey!"

"alright!" 

"hey!"

"because my love for you is ridiculous!" ben says, getting of the horse mascot, getting to mal. "i never knew!"

"who knew!"

he gets off it, throwers catching him and launching him towards mal. 

"that it could be like this," ben continues to sing as other throwers catch him and he's sent on a wave towards mal. "my love for you is ridiculous. my love is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!"

"r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s!"

"it's..." ben sings, looking at mal.

"ridiculous!"

"just..."

"ridiculous!"

"and i would give my kingdom for just one kiss, c'mon now!" ben ends up right in front of her, making her blush every so slightly as panic starts to wash her brain. the crowd cheers with screams and clapping. ben leans for a kiss but mal dodges, putting up the jersey he threw at her in-between them. ben takes no notice of it and hugs her tightly. "i love you mal, did i mention that?"

audrey forces her way through the crowd, snatching the microphone off ben. 

"chad's my boyfriend now!" she says, smiling sickly at him. y/n purses her lips. "and i'm going to coronation with him. so i don't need your pity date!" she kisses him. ben takes the microphone off audrey.

"mal! will you go coronation with me?"

"yes!" mal exclaims into the microphone, making the crowd cheer.

"she said yes!" ben shouts with a smile on his face.