chapter²⁸

arriving at the isle

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

09:20 AM, THE ISLE OF THE LOST

the golden bridge appears, letting the group of five get to the isle. y/n feels a dull of her powers, entering the barrier. 

the five get out of the car, two of them taking in their surroundings. 

"ben, y/n," carlos says. "help me with the tarp," the two ak's and the vk throw the tarp on the limo. jay and evie help straighten it out so it covers the whole car.

"i got it," jay says to evie helping her stretch it out. 

"it's really weird being back here," she says, looking around. 

"we'll get in and get out," jay says, trying to comfort her. she nods, a firm one. 

"jay!" carlos says, throwing another tarp to cover the end of the car. y/n and ben look over to a tunnel, intrigued.

"hey..." ben says, looking inside, y/n doing the same.

"what's in there?" y/n points. the vk's rush over to them, carlos putting his girlfriend's arm down.

"y/n!"

"you don't want to know," jay says, putting his arm on ben's shoulder.

"hey guys," carlos calls out. "just keep it chill, all right?" everyone nods. "the last thing we need is our parents figuring out that we're here," carlos walks away first, not before taking y/n's hand in his. then ben, but takes another glance at the tunnel. then jay, then evie.

🦋

the vk's walk into the isle village with confidence, the ak's having no idea what to do.

"hey! hey! stop!" evie exclaims as two kids try and succeed to take her purse. jay and carlos turn around to look at evie, both of them not noticing that y/n and ben had continued to walk on. she holds both at the kids hands, both of them looking scared. "just take it," the kids both smile at her. "go on," the kids run off more of their friends joining, making evie smile. just for a second.

she turns around noticing atht the two ak's are no longer there.

"ugh, y/n and ben,"

🦋

ben and y/n walk deeper into the isle, taking in their surroundings. this isn't what they know. but they're willing to learn everything about it; especially since their significant other's are from there.

y/n looks up, seeing nothing but wood and piles of fabric. ben sees a man and he's willing to make a conversation. ben puts his hand out to the man, but the man growls, making ben put his hand back quickly.

"ben, stop. just stop," evie says, pulling him back. carlos makes sure that y/n is close to evie before looking at the man that growled at the king.

"hey man," carlos says, making the man back up.

"why?" ben laughs.

"this isn't a parade," evie says to him. y/n listens in too. she doesn't know what to do or how to act here. "it's the isle,"

"keep your hands in your pocket unless you're stealing," jay says to the ak's.

"you either slouch or strut," carlos says, making y/n change her posture.

"and never ever smile,"

"oh okay," y/n says with a nod, taking in the information. evie looks at the girl, putting her hand up.

"no 'thank you's,' and drop the 'please,'" evie says. she looks at the two ak's. "just...chill,"