chapter⁵²

through the enchanted forest

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

10:03 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

jane and y/n walk through the forest in a comfortable silence until jane pops up for a conversation.

"so," she says, making y/n look at her with a smile. 

"so?" y/n mimics. 

"are you and carlos even going to get married?" jane blurts out before covering her mouth with a smile. "i'm sorry, but you guys are the cutest, hottest couple in the whole of auradon, and you love each other, and i just really want to be a bridesmaid so, if you could..."

"me and carlos told each other we loved each other a few days ago," y/n admits, walking over the buttercups. jane squeals, jumping up and down, clapping her hands. "shush," y/n laughs. "i don't know if marriage is a thing that we want to happen so quickly. we're just going with the flow for now,"

"but if you do get married...?"

"yes, yes. you will be my maid of honor," y/n says. "lonnie will be a bridesmaid too. i miss her; when do you think she's coming back?"

"i don't know," jane mumbles, biting her nail. "she might be back soon, maybe after all of this?"

"maybe," a roar cuts their conversation shut. the two auradonian look at each other before running towards that direction. 

🦋

y/n and jane reach the noise, seeing a beast. y/n looks at the beast, squinting her eyes. ben? is that ben? did audrey do this? y/n puts her hands out, draining the spell from him. the excess magic she's suddenly gained, she puts in her necklace. maybe she can give it to her mother. magic always changes towards the user anyway.  

she spots carlos, looking at her with a lovesick smile on his face. he runs over to her, picking her up. she hits his back as reflex as he spins her around.

"are you okay?" they say at the same time as carlos puts y/n down. "of course, i'm okay! are you okay?" they both laugh, carlos putting his hand on the side of y/n's face. "i missed you,"

"you both were separate from each other for like two hours," jay says, looking at carlos and y/n. carlos rolls his eyes, letting go of his girlfriend. jay hugs both y/n and jane at the same time. "but i'm glad you're both okay," jay goes off to get ben, bringing him back from where ever he had fallen. "all right," his hand is around ben's shoulder, helping him stay up. "you good?"

"yeah," ben says. 

"take a seat over there, okay?" jay says to ben, pointing at the rocks over there. "there you go," ben sits down with a sigh.

"oh, that was funky," ben says, his hands on his thighs. 

"it was," jay laughs. "there's..." jay points towards ben's chin and his mouth, seeing that ben has grew fangs and a beard and a mustache. 

"huh?" ben starts to feel his face, shocked. "oh wow,"

"yeah, yeah, yeah," jay and ben start laughing. 

"i'm sorry benny," y/n says, looking at her hands. "i thought i took all the magic from you, maybe this is genetics from your dad?"

"it's okay, n/n. don't worry," ben says, smiling at her. 

"well, well, well," harry says, looking towards y/n. y/n looks at him with a frown. "are you not happy to see me, pixie?" y/n rolls her eyes.

"carlos, my love," y/n says, turning to him. he winces, seeing the pixie dust fall from underneath her. shit. he's in trouble. jane steps back, ben doing the same. jay looks at them both and copies. "would you tell me why pirates are in auradon?"

"they escaped and joined us," jay says, putting his arm around the fairy. "and mal has the ember which is our only hope to stop audrey. details to follow,"

"hades ember?" ben questions. "has mal gone back to the isle?"

"i said details to follow," jay says. "we're meeting up with mal, evie and uma. let's go,"

"uma?" y/n asks, less angry and more confused.

"details to follow!" everyone shouts at ben and y/n. 

"alright, alright," the fairy says, putting her hands up. "let's go then,"