chapter²²

set it off!

set it off!

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

08:30 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

blue and yellow fireworks go off at auradon, being seen from the isle and further than that. everyone is celebrating; they're dancing and singing. tonight is a day of victory.

"oh, yeah!" y/n sings as she, mal and evie dance together on the stage. "oh, yeah, yeah!" the girls had changed outfits. mal is wearing a light purple dress, same colour as her coronation dress. evie's wearing a dark blue dress, light and fluffy. and y/n is wearing a light green dress which goes [above/past] her knees.

"let's set it off!" evie sings. "oh, yeah!"

"you can make it happen!" mal sings. 

"ohay, ohay, hey!"

"kings and queens," ben starts to sing. "it's our time to rise! write the book, the story of our lives. this is us taking back the night!"

"ohay, ohay, hey!"

"break the spell, we were born this way," mal sings, skipping over to ben. he spins her to the side. "be yourself forget the dna. everyone body raise your hands and say-" 

"ohay, ohay, hey!" everyone claps. 

"sound of the alarm," y/n and evie sing. "get on your feet. let's set it off and rock this beat," evie and y/n walk between the lines of dancers, having the time of their lives. "dance till your heart is wild and free,"

"ooh, oh, oh!"

"feelin' the power, let it all out," the girls sing as they dance. evie dances with doug as y/n dances with a random guy. "like what you see in the mirror, shout! we've got the keys, the kingdom's ours!"

"ooh, oh, oh! ohay, ohay, hey!"

"let's set it off!" everyone sings. "oh, yeah! start a chain reaction, never let it stop!" the six out them connect arms in a line. they pose as the beat drops. "let's set it off!" they connect their arms together into a square. "oh, yeah!" they disband the square. ben lifts mal off the ground, his hands on her waist. "you can make it happen with everything you've got! let's set it off!"

"get ready, set it off!" ben, y/n, mal, doug and evie and the rest of auradon dance in sync to the music.

"come on!"

"we've got to set it off!"

"on the right!"

"get ready, set it off!"

"to the left!"

"ohay, ohay, hey!"

"yo it's time to set this thing off. let's make it happen now," carlos raps as him, y/n and jay make their way towards jane. who is sitting alone on a bench, playing with her fingers. "let's make it happen now," the three of them sit on the bench, making jane look at them. "imma make my own future, ignore all the rumors. show em how my passion sounds," y/n and carlos put their hands out for jane and she takes them. "they all told me i should back down," the four of them stand up, walking the time of the music. 

"judgin' me cause of my background," carlos and jay sing at the same time. they reach the stairs to get to the platform. "thinkin' 'bout changin' my path now," y/n spins jane in a twirl, showing jane the guy she was dancing with. "nah, i ain't going out like that now," jane runs over to him as carlos and y/n run up the stairs hand in hand. 

"feelin' the power, let it all out," audrey sings as she skips over to jay. she gets him to stand up and he looks at her in awe. "like what you see in the mirror, shout!" she spins around, making jay follow her up the stairs.

"we've got the keys, the kingdom's ours!"

"ooh, oh, oh"

"oh, yeah!" evie sings as she's in the middle. doug takes her arm as they dance together. everyone dances with her respective partners. 

"let's set it off, oh yeah!" 

"let's set this off!"

"start a chain reaction and never let it stop!" everyone dances in sync to the beat. this has got to be one of the best parties auradon has ever held. fireworks still go off, brightening everything with either a blue or a yellow hue. "let's set it off!"

 "let's set this off!"

"oh yeah!" 

"let's set this off!"

"you can make it happen with everything you got!"

"let's set it off!" everyone pairs up with their partner, dancing together. the vibe is all good vibes.

"get ready, set it off!"

"come on!"

"we got to set it off!"

"that's right!"

"get ready, set it off"

"to the left!"

"we got to set it off!"

"get ready, set it off!"

"we got to set it off!"

"get ready, set it off!" ben and mal walk towards the front of the platform. 

"come on!" ben learns in for a kiss from mal, but she turns her head slightly.

"three, two, one, uh!" the royal couple run off as everyone else dances to the beat and in sync with each other.

"ooh, yeah!" mal sings as her and ben arrive to the balcony. above from all the dancers and closer to the fireworks. 

"let's set it off," ben sings as mal turns to face him. "oh yeah," she smiles, her eyes sparkling. "start a chain reaction and never let it stop!" the dancers below have connected all the hands together to form some sort of line so they have bop their head to the beat.

"let's set it off!"  

"let's set this off!"

"oh yeah!"

"let's set this off!"

"you can make it happen with everything you got!" the dancer jump out, free styling to the way off the beat. 

"let's set it off!"

"get ready, set it off!"

"come on!"

"we got to set it off!" everyone turns to mal and ben, bowing down at the future king and queen.

"to the left!"

"get ready, set it off!"

"to the right!"

"we got to set it off!" 

"what?" fireworks start to pop again, making everyone cheer out loud. carlos picks up y/n, making her squeal and hitting his back to make her put him down.

"i really like you," carlos says as he holds her hand, both of them walking down the stairs. 

"i really like you too carlos," y/n says, looking in to his brown eyes. 

"so i was hoping if i could be your boyfriend?" he asks her, biting his lip. y/n nods with a smile.

"yes. i would love that so much," carlos kisses y/n, making her wrap her arms around his neck.

"woah..." they both say as their lips separate. carlos takes her hand with a laugh, both of the running up the stairs. 

y/n dances with jane, spinning her around, making jane laugh. y/n goes to the snack table, taking a sweet drink before remembering what she has to do.

she turns to you with a smile.

"you didn't think this was the end of our story..." she waves her hands, a golden glow coming from them as she smiles. "did you?"