chapter¹⁷

blow this popsicle stand

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

01:30 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

the vk's pick at their food if it was poisoned. all of them felt sick to their stomach.

y/n and ben walk over to them. carlos looks u; at her with a smile one his face as y/n sits next to him. 

"hey guys," ben claps his hands together. "how is everyone?" the vk's look down in silence, answering his question. evie picks at her food with a fork as mal looks down at her hands. carlos holds y/n's for comfort. y/n squeezes his hand, making carlos' cheeks go warm. y/n and ben look at each other frowns on their faces. "yeah? so listen. forget about it. all right?" ben puts his hand on jay's back for support. "it was nothing. let it go," he ends up behind mal, putting his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them. "tomorrow, after the coronation, i promise everything will be okay,"

"so do i," y/n says. the vk's look at the fairy. "i will do everything in my power to mask sure no one bothers you guys again,"

"y/n, we have to go," ben says. y/n nods, letting go carlos' hand. "we'll see you both later," y/n gets up from her seat, fixing her blazer, ben doing the same. they walk off, confident that they'll make auradon a place for everyone.

"listen evie," doug says, walking over to her. "i want to talk about earlier today. i just-"

"doug," chad says, calling him over. 

"what?" doug mumbles, looking back at chad. he goes to talk to evie again but chad stops him.

"doug,"

"doug?" evie questions. 

"sorry, i can't," doug slumps over to the ak's table, sitting down. but he still looks at evie. "okay," evie throws her food away from her, disappointed.

"how long does she think's that's gonna last?" audrey asks with jane beside her, talking about mal. jane giggles. "mal's just the bad girl infatuation,"

"yeah," jane starts. "i mean, he's never going to make a villain a queen," jane, audrey start to cackle to themselves. evie, carlos and jay all look at me. 

"beware, foreswear, undo jane's hair," one of the girls in the posse scream, making audrey laugh and point at jane. lonnie reaches to touch her hair, seeing that it's still the same.

"ew,"

"there's a lot more where that came from," mal says as the vk's stand up.

"excuse me, who do you think you are?" audrey sasses, putting her hand on her hip.

"do i look like i'm kidding?" mal asks, hardening her glare. audrey's confidence falter as mal starts to flick through her spell book. the ak's run away, lonnie looking back one more time. "i'm really looking forward for tomorrow," mal slams her book closed. "let's grab that wand and blow this popsicle stand,"