chapter²⁶

all everyone is talking about

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

08:15 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

carlos spots y/n with jane. the two of them are about to walk away but carlos jumps on a blue and yellow training box to get his girlfriend's attention. 

"y/n!" y/n turns around, jane doing the same thing. "y/n, hey, hey..."

"hey, baby," y/n smiles, looking down at him. "you okay? what's up?"

"uh..." dude jumps onto a box, barking at carlos. y/n looks at dude with a smile and then back to carlos. "not much. you?"

"way too much," y/n sighs. "we were going to go with the blue and yellow banner for cotillion but now we can't find the right shade of blue,"

"and yellow. aran says she can't find it anymore," jane pipes up. y/n sighs, writing it on her hand.

"oh, yeah no. that's a-that's a bummer," carlos says. "um speaking of cotillion-"

"i know, right?" y/n says. "it's all anyone is talking about," jane nods in agreement. "and it's all i'm working on,"

"i-" carlos mumbles but his girlfriend continues to talk, not hearing him.

"cotillion twenty four/seven," she says. "it's like they've never been to one before, jesus,"

"uh...i haven't actually," carlos says, y/n's eyes going wide. 

"oh, yeah. babe, i'm so sorry," y/n says. "all this work is making my brain go to mush,"

"it's not all that carlos," jane says. "i always end up serving punch with my mom," carlos motions something to jane, making her nod and walk away. she knows exactly what carlos wants to do. hopefully he's strong enough to do it. "my mom's calling me y/n. i got to go. i'll see you, okay?"

"seeya," y/n waves to her friend, looking back at carlos. 

"n/n, maybe we should-"

"skip the whole thing?" y/n laughs. "i can't. royal advisor duties but we could-" y/n's phone rings, making her take it out of the back pocket of her [jeans/shorts/demin skirt]. "sorry, baby. it's my mama, i'll catch you up later?"

"sure, n/n," y/n accepts the calls with a smile.

"mama?" she blows a kiss to carlos, who pretends to catch it, making her laugh. "that guy again? hold on. i'm coming," 

carlos watches his significant other leave then turns around to look at dude. dude whimpers. 

"it wasn't the right time, alright?"