chapter⁴³

you and me

you and me

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

08:24 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"looking back at yesterday," ben sings as he's looking out to the crowd. evie and y/n look over to each other and smile. "i thought i gave it everything. but still there's so much road ahead of me,"

"when i looked into your eyes," mal starts to sing, both her and ben facing each other. "i guess i didn't recognize. who we are and all that we can be,"

"sometimes it's hard to find yourself," mal and ben sing together, spinning each other around. "but it's worth it in the end," as everyone else with their respective partner form two lines. "'cause in your heart is where it all begins," mal and ben walk down to each line, dancing through them.

"we got to be bold!" everyone sings, as the royals walk through the lines. "we got to be brave! we got to be free! we got to get loud, making that change! you got to believe!" ben and carlos safe each other as ben reaches to the end of his line. 

"whoa," everyone partners up with their partner, doing the dance moves in sync, splashing in the water. the girls on the right and the boys on the left.

"we'll look deep inside," everyone sings. "and we'll rise up and shine. we can be bold! we can be brave! let everyone see!" the boys kick the water and the girls the same on their side, straight after them. "it starts with you and me!" as mal and ben are at the start of the line, they slip first, letting go of each other's hands. 

"whoa, whoa, hey!" then evie and doug, sliding away from each.

"it starts with you and me!" then y/n and carlos making a diamond with their hands. 

"whoa, whoa, hey!" jay and lonnie jump over to the other side with a laugh as everyone else starts dancing. 

"it starts with you and me!" evie takes carlos hand, both of them walking over to the railing of the ship. 

"there's something special that i've learned," they both sing, looking out towards the isle. evie has her arm around his shoulder. "it's together we can change the world. everybody's got something that they can bring,"

mal and jay join the duo, looking out at the isle as well. 

"when you take a look inside yourself," mal and jay sing. "do you wish that you were something else? but who you are is who you need to be,"

"sometimes it's hard to find yourself," evie and mal sing, both of them holding hands with each other, walking way from the railing. carlos taps the railing with his hands, taking one last look at the isle. jay puts his arm around carlos', both of them walking away from the railing. "but it's worth it in the end," everyone forms a circle, holding hands. "'cause in your heart is where it all begins," they jump three times inwards each other, water splashing everywhere. 

"we got to be bold!" everyone sings, moving around in the circle. "we got to be brave! we gotta be free!" water continues to splash everywhere, making clothes, hair, scarfs wet. "we gotta get loud! making that change, you gotta believe!"

"whoa!" they partner up with someone different, everyone falling in sync, doing the same dance moves. 

"we'll look deep inside!" they jump up and splash in the water. "and we'll rise up and shine!" they form the circle again, splashing around in the water. "we can be bold! we can be brave! let everyone see!" the other dancer go under the arms of the people in the inner circle breaking it up. "it starts with you and me!"

"whoa, whoa, hey!"

"it starts with you and me!" everyone splashes around in the water, dancing. 

"whoa, whoa, hey!"

"it starts with you and me!" y/n, mal and evie stand on the bottom of the stairs, all holding hands. 

"we all can do a part," the three girls sing as everyone else does their dance move in the water, splashing themselves. "we know that it can be the start, to bring about the difference that we need," 

"yeah," y/n sings, carlos taking her hand. 

"i promise we can work this out," ben joins in. "i promise we can see it through," evie puts her hand out for ben to take and he does. "don't you know it's up to me?"

"it's up to me and you!" everyone runs off the stairs, jumping into the water with a large splash. they form a circle as they clap to the sound of the beat.

"we got to be bold," everyone sings as y/n and carlos are in the middle. "we got to be brave!" the lovers both jump at the same, the water splashing on them. "we gotta be free! we got to get loud, making that change!" carlos spins y/n around, putting her arms around his shoulders and they jump out of the circle. "you got to believe!"

"whoa!"

"we'll look deep inside," jay and lonnie both flip into the middle of the circle. lonnie splashing some water at jay, making him chuckle. "and we'll rise up and shine!" jay puts his arm out, lonnie using them as a base to flip. he takes her hand and they both run out the circle, making evie jump in. "we can be bold!" she spins, her wet hair going everywhere. "we can be brave! let everyone see!" she puts her hand out, doug sliding over towards her on his knees. "it starts with you and me!" he lifts her up. 

"whoa, whoa, hey!" and as he puts her down, they both skip out the circle. mal and ben enter the circle. "it starts with you and me!" mal kicks water towards ben, him doing the same to her. 

"whoa, whoa, hey!" he picks her up. and when he puts her down, he goes to kiss her but everyone rushes to them, kicking water at them. the royal couple rush up the stairs, toward tinkerbell, fairy godmother, adam and belle. ben shakes his hair at adam, making his dad a little wet. "it starts with you and me! whoa, whoa, hey! it starts with you and me!" y/n and carlos jump down the stairs both of them, doing the splits at the same time. "whoa, whoa, hey!" ben puts his ring back on mal and she smiles at him. "it starts with you and me!"

everyone bows towards them, then jumps up clapping. carlos hugs his girlfriend, spinning her around. 

"hey," he says as y/n puts her hands on each side of her face. 

"hey," she smiles at him. they kiss, fireworks exploding. 

"i have something to tell you," he says to her and she nods. "i..."

"y/n!" evie grabs y/n's hand, pulling the fairy away from carlos. carlos sighs and then turns to you. "did you really think this was the end? i still have to tell her i love her,"