chapter³²

he's gone

he's gone

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

09:42 PM, THE ISLE OF THE LOST

ben reaches the bottom of the stairs in a slump. 

"what?" evie asks him. "i'll talk to her," ben starts to walk off, none of the vk's or his best friend noticing. evie walks over to a microphone. "m?" evie pauses, hoping mal would say something. anything "mal, it's evie. let me just talk to you for a second. mal, come on,"

"go away!" the four of them hear, making them frown. evie sighs.

"let's give her a couple of hours to cool off," jay says, grabbing evie's arm. 

"guys?" y/n says, looking around. "where's ben?"

"ben?" evie calls out. the three vk's and the one ak all stand together. "ben!" a figure with brown hair walks towards them, making y/n sigh out in relief. "ben, don't scare us like that,"

"don't scare you?" harry looks up at them, his eyes sparkling at y/n. "but that's my specialty,"

"harry," evie sighs. 

"who's harry?" y/n whispers to carlos. 

"the son of captain hook," carlos whispers back at his girlfriend. 

"what did you do with ben?" jay says, demanding for an answer. 

"oh, uh, we nicked him," harry hums. "mm-hmm. yeah," he winks at y/n, she makes a face of disgust immediately. "and if you want to see him again, have mal come to the chip shoppe tonight. alone. uma wants a little visit," harry looks at jay with a pout. "aw, jay. seems like you've lost your touch,"

"hey!" jay says, going to evie holds him back. 

"jay!" she shouts, holding his arm. harry cackles, then looks over to y/n and carlos. he barks at carlos, the glare carlos as for him, still going strong. 

"and who is this little pixie?" he says, looking at y/n. he goes to take her hand, but she slaps it away. "and she's feisty too. just the way i like it,"

"back off," carlos says, getting in front of him. he pokes carlos' nose, then turns around and walks off with a whistle. the four look at each other as jay starts to climb some stairs.

🦋

"if you guys never would of brought any of them here, this never would have happened," mal says, her purple bangs almost covering her eyes. she glares at all four of her friends, rage covering her eyes. "what were you thinking?!"

"he was going to come with or without us," evie says, trying to reason with mal. "we were just trying to protect him," 

"yeah and we completely blew it," y/n sighs. carlos puts his arm around his girlfriend. she felt this is all her fault. she should have went with her best friend. why didn't she go with him?

"okay! okay," jay says. "so, what are wwe going to do?" jay asks the group. 

"'we' are not doing anything," mal says, walking down the steps in her boots. "this is between uma and me. and she's a punk. and guess what? now i have to go get him," mal reaches for her backpack.

"whoa, whoa, whoa. mal," carlos starts, his arm still around y/n. "you're still gonna have to get through harry hook and his wharf rats," 

"yeah, you're going to need us," jay says. 

"uma said to come alone," mal says, looking at her friends. 

"mal come on," evie sighs. 

"she said to come alone," carlos says, turning to jay and evie. "i know one thing. i'm not going anywhere,"

"we're not going anywhere," y/n corrects, the couple sitting down on a sofa. jay nods, agreeing with them.

"we will be here when you get back," mal looks at them, then walks away through the door.