chapter¹¹

date plans

date plans

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

author pov

11:50 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"hey, guess who?" y/n says, putting her hands over carlos' brown eyes. making sure he can't see anything around him. y/n looks down and sees him smile. he hums, pretending to not know, even though he knows that smell of mint anywhere.

"jay?"

"nope,"

"ben,"

"nope,"

"evie?"

"nope,"

"mal?"

"would mal do something like this?" y/n thinks aloud, taking her hands off carlos' face. he shakes his head.

"nope," he says. "but you did say guess,"

"and you guessed wrong," y/n says, crossing her arms over her mint green knitted cardigan. y/n and her mother croqueted last year and it still fits her. which makes her very happy. she's too lazy to croquet another one. she's wearing some high waisted [jeans/shorts] and some original van highs. "was i seriously not a thought in your mind?" carlos gulps as y/n sits next to him.

"i uh..."

"i was joking," she smiles, making him chuckle and rub his neck. "and i came to say that i have a better idea for the date,"

"you do?" he smiles, turning his body to face y/n completely. y/n does the same with a nod.

"okay, so i was think we could do a baking date," she says. "evie told me that you like sweet treats and what's better to get to know someone by seeing how they bake. plus we could talk and get to know each other," he looks at y/n with a smile.

yes!" he says, wanting to hug the [blonde haired/yellow hijab wearing/ the white bandana wearing] girl but he can't. he's too scared. "i'd love to do that. when? do you have a date?"

"i was thinking tomorrow or maybe the day after," y/n says, looking at the ladybird that just landed on her hand. "after school. and it'll be a chill date so you don't have to come in a suit or anything like that; plus i don't even like posh and fancy dresses," carlos nods, taking in the information.

"could we have the date tomorrow?" he asks her. "i made a batch of [least favourite flavor cookie] with mal, evie and jay. i would love for you try one,"

"sure," y/n shrugs. "i don't like [least favourite flavor cookie] that much but i'll try it just for you," he smiles, wanting to cover his face. he's smiling a lot and he's never felt like this before.

"what's your favourite flavor then?" he asks her.

"[favourite flavor cookie]," y/n says. "my mama makes them a lot more now,"

"why?" carlos asks y/n. she rolls her eyes, poking his cheek. 

"that's a question you can ask me on that date," she says, standing up. "i've got to go though," y/n smiles at him. "i promised lonnie i would help her with the chemistry homework,"

"o-oh okay," carlos says with a wave. "bye,"

"seeya,"

🐾

carlos slumps into evie's and mal's dorm room, seeing the rest of the vk's.

"hey, buddy?" jay says, looking at his friend. "what's wrong?"

"y/n asked me out on a date and we completed the plans," carlos says, slumping down against the foot of evie's bed.

"then why are you so sad?" mal asks, closing her book. the three vk's crowd around the shortest one. 

"because you want me to make her eat the love potion so she can fall in love me," carlos says, putting his head on his knees. "i really like her. what if i mess up and she hates more forever?"

"carlos," mal says, kneeling down. "you know we have to do this. i only did it to ben so i can get the wand for our parents. if you think you can make y/n ask you to the coronation without making her have the potion, go for it," mal puts the rest of the cookies which are in a plastic bag next to carlos.

carlos looks up at mal who hugs him, shocking evie and jay.

"wha-i want have a hug too," jay says, hugging them and then evie joins the hug. the vk's laugh, making carlos feeling a little better.