chapter⁴²

another fight

another fight

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

08:00 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

everyone rushes over to see the water splash. they see a golden glow, in the water. and as the water starts to spin into a whirl pool, the glow gets stronger. the water rises like a tornado, making everyone gasp.

uma burst out of the water with tentacles, the water going over into the boat, making everyone wet. everyone rushes over to the rails to see uma, looking like her mother. 

"ah!" she breathes out. "true loves kiss won't defeat this. the world will know my name!" uma thwips out her tentacles, making them try and reach people in the boat. everyone ducks screaming, trying to not let the tentacle reach them.

mal walks out from the group, her eyes turning green as she breaths out. in anger? rage? fear? maybe all three. uma laughs at the girl, beckoning her to come and fight. 

"mal?" ben asks her and she looks up. a puff of purple smoke enveloping her. she turns into a dragon roaring at uma as she flies over her. mal breaths out fire towards the girl, who thwips out another tentacle at mal.

"come on, mal!" uma shouts out. "let's finish this once and for all!" mal breathes more fire towards uma. uma thwips another tentacle at mal who ducks over the ship, making everyone else duck too. uma dives onto the water, after mal breathes more fire her way. as she rises out a wave of water washes over the boat. y/n and tinkerbell manage to put up a shield, but water still soaks through. the boat starts to rock, making everyone move to each side. y/n tries to steady to boat with her magic, leaving tinkerbell to keep up the shield. but her magic isn't as strong anymore. 

ben roars out as thunder crashes. jay pulls of ben's blazer and ben throws his crown on the floor.

"wait ben!" ben jumps through the shield, backing into the water. 

"ben!"

"ben!"

ben emerges from the water in between uma and mal. 

"mal, uma!" he shouts. "stop! back down!"

"what are gonna do ben?" uma laughs out. "splash me?" she continues to laugh, making ripples in the waters with her hands.

"that's enough!" ben says. "it's got to stop! this isn't the answer! the fighting has to stop! nobody wins this way! we have to listen and respect each other. it won't be easy but let's be brave enough to try. uma, i know you want what's best for the isle. help me make a difference," he puts his hand out towards her.

everyone watches waiting for what she's going to say. one of her tentacles move over towards him, and she drops his ring in ben's hand. she gives him a sad smile before, diving back into the water. 

ben looks at the ring before swimming towards the boat. y/n creates a ladder with vines, carlos and jay throwing it over for ben to climb up with. 

"there you go," adam says, looking over at his son. the boys help ben over the boat as he's surrounded with cheers and applause. 

"good job, man," jay says, tapping his back. y/n hands him his crown, making him smile at the girl. he needs to apologize. but before he can, mal roars out, landing in the top of the stairs. in her human form. her purple hair in curls and a crown on her head. and what used to be a blue and yellow dress is now purple and green. she taps out the dress as it starts to smoke. ben looks at her in adoration.

mal looks back at him, covering her face with a smile. she bows at him with a giggle, ben doing the same. the fanfare plays, two men in yellow suits put their hand out to mal on either side, making her smile. she takes them thankfully, walking down the stairs. everyone cheers, y/n throwing in a whistle. 

her and evie stand on each side of mal as the purpled headed reaches the bottom of the stairs. 

"so, i didn't know i could do that," she says to both girls. 

"tell me about it," evie says. "that makes three of us,"

"or all of us," y/n laughs. she spots a burning spot on mal's dress and bends down to blow on it.

"thank you," mal says to her as y/n dusts her dress. y/n puts her hand out, evie doing the same. 

"shall we?" they ask in sync. 

"we shall," mal says, taking both of their hands. they walk down the stairs, into the bottom of the ship where the water is. "hi," she whispers to ben, who grabs her hips and kisses her. 

"all right, all right, all right, all right," carlos says, putting his hand on ben's shoulders. 

"how about that son of mine?" adam says.

"ours," belle murmurs to him.

"ours," he repeats. 

"yes. how about his girlfriend?" belle says, looking at them. "and what about y/n? i think we're are in very good hands here,"

"yes we are," tinkerbell says, putting her hand around the past king and queen's shoulders. 

"i owe you guys so much," ben says, talking to the vk's. 

"yeah,"

"really,"

"yep,"

"you've got that right,"

"just a little bit," y/n laughs, everyone joining in with her. 

"if there is anything that you need or anything i can do for you..." ben says, looking at them. 

"um, actually there is ben," evie says. "i know a girl who would really love to come to auradon," evie looks over to the isle. "it's drizella's daughter, dizzy. she's like a little sister to me,"

"then she should come," ben says immediately.

"okay!" evie laughs. "okay, great!"

"actually, um..." evie puts her hand up again, making everyone else laugh. "ben, there's a lot of kids who would really love it here in auradon. kids like us, who also deserve a second chance. can i maybe get you a list?"

"yes, yes! absolutely, please!" everyone cheers at ben. the king who is also giving people second chances. 

"got to prepare now," y/n whispers. she loves the idea of more vk's coming over. she just knows it's going to be a lot of work. oh well, she's always up to the challenge. 

"m'lady mal," a man in a yellow suit says. "we found your spell book below deck. uma had it," the guy hands it to mal, who takes it feeling the fabric.

"ooh. um," mal starts. "you know, this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hands of the fairy godmother. fairy godmother?"

"that's me, thank you," she appears from behind ben. "mm-mhmm. 

"this belongs in a museum," mal says to her as she completely agrees.

"yes it does and i'm going to take it," the fairy godmother takes it from mal, disappearing back into the crowd. 

"i'm not going to be needing it anymore," mal says, looking at ben.