chapter²⁰

the coronation p2

the coronation p2

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

03:10 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

a collection of gasps drown the church. the person holding the wand points to towards the sky, breaking the barrier of the isle of the lost. 

"child, what are you doing?" the fairy godmother asks jane, rushing towards her. 

"if you won't make me beautiful, i'll do it myself!" jane cries, swing the wand around aimlessly. "bibbidi-bobbodi-boo!" ben and y/n, run over to protect carlos and mal. 

"take cover!" adam yells out to the auradonians. everyone shrieks, bending down. white magic shoots out the wand, making people scream out in terror.  

mal bites her lip, leaping forward, tackling jane for the wand. 

"careful, mal!" belle shouts out. mal manages to tackle the wand off jane, gasping at herself. jane looks at mal before backing away and hiding back into the crowd. 

"mal, give me the wand," ben says carefully, extending his arm. 

"stand back!" mal shouts, holding the wand out like a shield. y/n looks at carlos for an explanation but he doesn't give her one. he runs to mal's side just as evie and jay have.

"it's okay," ben tries to continue. 

"ben, i said stand back!" mal cries out. 

"i told you so," audrey says, stepping out of the crowd. but when mal points the wand at audrey she backs down and cowers away. 

"let's go," carlos says. 

"revenge time," jay says.

"you really want do do this?" ben asks, desperation in his voice. 

"we have no choice, ben! our parents-"

"your parents made their choice to be evil," y/n says, walking over to mal. her hands out. "now, all you can make yours,"

mal looks towards y/n, breathing out slowly. 

"i think i want to be good," mal says. 

"you are good," y/n says.

"how do you know that?" mal asks not believing her. ben steps forward closer to mal, his hands still up.

"because...because i'm listening to my heart," ben answers. 

"i want to listen to my heart, too. and my heart is telling me we are not our parents," she turns to the three vk's. she looks at jay. "i mean stealing things doesn't make you happy. tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy," jay smirks. he knows what mal is saying is true.

"yeah!" a tourney player shouts out, easing the tension in the church hall. 

"and you," mal says, looking at carlos. "spending time with y/n and seeing her smile along side playing with dude that makes you happy. you would've thought?" carlos chuckles at mal's word, glancing over to y/n. she smiles at him, making his heart race.

he knows he likes her. all has to do is ask her out.

"and evie," evie looks towards mal, tears already threatening to fall from her eyes. "you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. you are so smart," they both laugh to stop themselves from crying. mal sighs. "and i don't want to take over the world with evil. it doesn't make me happy. i want to go to school. and be with ben," that last sentence makes everyone's eyes go wide. especially y/n and ben. "because ben makes me really happy," she says, showing the ring that ben gave. "us being friends makes me really happy," she turns back to the vk's. "not destroying things. i choose good, you guys," mal puts her hand out.

"i choose good too," jay says, bumping his fist with mal's.

"i choose good," evie says with a smile and a laugh. she bumps her fist with mal's and jay's. 

"so," carlos starts, looking at his friends. "but to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be?" everyone starts to laugh ta carlos' comment. "because they're gonna be really, really mad,"

"your parents can't reach you here," y/n says, looking at carlos. carlos stares into her [eye colour] eyes before smiling and shaking his head. "okay then. good," he joins the fist bump. mal turns around, looking at y/n and ben.

"come on," she says, the two of them also joining the fist bump. everyone applauds and cheers for them. but the peace isn't kept for long. screams and shouts fill the venue as a green smoke slide in through the window. 

the green floor lands in the middle, revealing itself to be maleficent.

"i'm back!"