chapter¹⁸

carriage ride

carriage ride

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

02:30 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"y/n!" evie squeals, hugging the girl. y/n and ben are wearing the same suits, just different colours. y/n, a warm green and ben, a blue and yellow. she hugs evie back with a laugh. "you look wicked!"

"thank you," y/n says, letting go off evie. she pulls on the white boots, zipping them up. y/n's [hijab is the same colour, bit of silver on it/blonde hair is done up beautifully/wearing a green fern on the side of her]. "you guys look amazing too! i love the dresses, ladies,"

"i designed them," evie smiles at me.

"next time, there's a party," y/n starts, feeling the fabric of the dress. "i'm paying you to make my dress, evie," 

mal takes out a strand of her purple hair from the bun it's in, curling it with her finger and putting it in front of her face.

"okay, now we're ready," mal says, hooking her hands with both girls. 

🦋

"wow..." carlos says as he spots y/n, helping mal onto the carriage; her and ben will ride in. jay takes at look at y/n, smirking at carlos. 

"aren't you going to say something?" jay asks carlos. carlos gulps. "come on, bro. i know you can do it," jay pushes carlos towards y/n, who smiles at him.

"hey!"

"hey..." carlos says with a smile. "you look..."

"i look?" y/n looks at him uncertain. did she not look good?

"amazing," carlos says. y/n gives carlos a kiss on the cheek. she gives his hand a squeeze. 

"thank you," she smiles at him. the next carriage comes for y/n and carlos. as y/n is going to get blessed by fairy godmother's wand too. she gets on, helping him up. 

they sit in a comfortable silence as y/n waves out to people cheering a few times, but [weak hand] hand is still holing carlos'.

"are you ready?" carlos asks her. y/n sighs with a chuckle.

"not really; getting blessed with the wand also means that my magic will get stronger," y/n says, opening the palm of her hand, green sparkles coming from it. "i'm just a bit scared," y/n closes her hand quickly. "that's all. i'm sure it won't be that big if a deal,"

"i'll be right by you," carlos says, making y/n smile. a few more auradonians cheer and whistle for them. y/n waves at them, encouraging carlos to do the same.