chapter⁵⁵

a sleeping beauty

a sleeping beauty

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

05:49 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

the three vk's and two ak's blink, looking around. ben coughs, hunched over. y/n looks towards carlos who looks at her. 

"everyone okay?" she asks as everyone nods. "okay then. let's go,"

🦋

everyone stands in audrey's room, the said girl on her pink sheets. she looks like audrey, not an evil queen. but she's sleeping. and she's not waking up. evie and y/n are on one side of her as mal is on the other. y/n takes audrey's hand, feeling how cold she is.

"i ca feel her slipping," y/n says. "that's not even my magic..."

"there's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's hades," mal says. y/n shakes her head. 

"no way. he took some of your magic as well as mine," y/n says, looking at her friend. 

"hades? he wouldn't do it," ben says. "i wouldn't risk it,"

"actually," mal starts, glancing towards. "he might do it for me. he's my father," carlos and jay look at each other. what kind of father takes their own child's magic?

"okay," ben says, fixing his belt. he crosses his arms, think of a plan. "well, i'll have to send guards to get him,"

"maybe, i can hitch a ride," uma says. "the isle is my home. someone needs to be there to protect it,"

"well, then," harry says, walking over to her. he puts his hands on her shoulders. "you will need your first mate," uma looks at him, trying not to laugh.

"the isle will be in very good hands," mal says, looking at uma. uma and harry give mal a small smile.

"can i go too?" celia says, putting the cushion, she was cuddling, down. everyone looks at the red and brown curly haired girl. "i wish i could be in both places," 

"i really think that evie was right," mal says, standing up. "and...i do think we've could've been friends," uma looks towards evie, then looks down with a nod. "and i'm really sorry that lied to all of you guys. you deserve so much better than that,"

"you were just trying to do the right thing," jay sighs at her.

"yeah," uma agrees. 

"i get it," evie says, standing up. y/n continues to sit down, look at audrey. mal looks towards y/n who sees the eyes on her. 

"babe?" carlos says, making her look at mal. all eyes are on them. y/n walks over to mal after standing up and hugs her. 

"just tell me next time, yeah?"

"of course,"

🦋

y/n, belle, tinkerbell, the fairy god mother, ben, adam and queen leah all stand y/n audrey's bedroom, waiting for hades to arrive. it is the next day in auradon. ben has already called for hades to be transferred to auradon with the help of his royal advisor.

y/n wear some white flared trousers with some green trainers. she has a matching white blazer on with a green top inside. her [hair/locs/hijab/make-up] is [tied up in a bun/done nicely] as she's wearing an auradonian badge.

there's a knock on the door, and adam rushes to open it. he steps back, hades walking into the room. mal walks towards him with a smile on her face.

"thank you for coming," she says, putting her hands behind her back.

"didn't have much choice," hades has chains, stopping him from running away.

"can you wake her up?" y/n asks, stepping closer to him.

"since when do heroes care about villains?" hades asks her. y/n's about to say something but ben puts his hand on her shoulder.

"she's..." ben starts off but hades cuts him off. 

"one of your own?" hades finishes. he chuckles. "right. when you guys try and destroy the world...it's an error in judgement. but when it's one of us...lock them up and throw away the key. right, beast?" adam looks towards hades, knowing he's right. hades put his hands up, everyone think he's going to attack. "yeah. i'm going to need to use my hands," mal turns around and looks at ben and y/n. the both of them look at each other and nod at mal.

the guards holding hades, takes the chains off his arms. hades shakes his strong and puts his hand out towards mal. she gives him the ember and as soon as it touches his hands, his hair turns ablaze. he sighs, feeling powered.

"haven't lost my touch," he walks over to adam. they both look at each other hades starts to growl, making adam growl too.

"dad," mal says, stopping them. he shrugs at her, walking past adam. he stands right in front of audrey's bed, closing his eyes. he waves his hands around, the whole room turning blue. he waves his hands one more time, his room turning pink and audrey rises.

"audrey," leah gasps with a smile. "you're okay!" hades throws the ember up in the air, catching it. his hair turning back to normal.

"tell me it was all a bad dream," she whispers, looking at y/n, mal and ben. 

"i wish i could," ben says to her, making audrey gasps. she did all of that. she hurt her friends, her family. her home. "but, it's over now,"

audrey gets to the edge of bed.

"i'm sorry," she says, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "i wanted to hurt you three. i wanted to hurt all of you,"

mal takes audrey's hands with a smile.

"i have owed you an apology for..." mal starts. "a very long time now,"

"and so have we," ben says, steeping forward with y/n. who both smile at audrey who smiles back at her two best friends.

"and perhaps," leah says. "i have owed you one, too," she bows at mal who bows back. 

"oh yeah," hades scoffs as adam makes the guards grab him. they walk out the room, mal following.

y/n hugs audrey with a smile, putting their hades together.

"i've missed my none crown crazy, pink loving best friend," she says with a laugh. audrey smiles, tears slipping from her eyes.

"and i've missed you, pixie," audrey was the only one who was allowed to call y/n.