chapter²⁵

fencing

fencing

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

08:08 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"hey, n/n!" jane says as y/n ends the call. it was the same person about the roses. she finally got them to lower the price and increase the amount of roses. "do you want to come with me and watch the fencing practice?"

"yeah," y/n says, putting her phone in the back pocket of her [jeans/shorts/demin skirt]. she also wearing one of carlos' jerseys and a white top. "i've got some free time. let's go. is your man fencing?" 

jane blushes as the two girls walk. y/n covers her mouth with a laugh and bumps jane's hip. 

"he is!" y/n smiles. "how are you both?"

jane gushes, holing her face in her hands. 

"she's so sweet, n/n," she smiles. "i feel like the luckiest girl in the world. we've just not spending as much time anymore because of cotillion,"

"same," y/n says as they enter the training room. "but we do cuddle and hang out before we sleep and then spend the morning,"

"that's so cute," jane smiles. "maybe me and damian can do that,"

"just try to get caught," y/n laughs, seeing that there are some snacks being sold. "my mama caught me and carlos and i almost freaked out. but she said she didn't care as long as we didn't have sex or anything,"

"mother would never say the word sex in front of me," jane laughs as she points towards the little stall. y/n nods, taking her phone from her pocket. "we are only seventeen,"

"that's true," y/n says, taking a bottle of water and a pizza slice from the stall. she pays for it and pays from jane's pumpkin cookies. "i'm just trying to get through life man,"

🦋

"carlos, you're with me. let's go," jay says as carlos follows him and the fencers align with each other. "assemble," the fencers put their fencing swords, towards their rival. "salute," the fencers raise their swords. "lower the point," the swords get lowered. "mask down," every fencer brings their mask down to their face. "en guard," the fencers get in position, jane watching her boyfriend in awe. 

"he looks so hot!" she squeals, talking y/n. y/n laughs, looking at carlos. she can spot the white fair from under the helmet.

the fencers start to fight each other. the sound of swords hitting against each other fill the training room.

but the someone jumps in the air and starts to fight jay. they battle, the masked one victorious. the masked one takes off their mask, revealing it to be lonnie. 

"it's lonnie!" jane smiles. everyone cheers and applauds for the girl, making her smile.

"woo! go lonnie!" y/n yells out, clapping. 

"not bad," jay chuckles.

"you should put me on th team," lonnie says, walking closer to him.

"hey, w-what?!" chad steps in. "no, no, no. we'll...we'll be the laughing stock of the league. a-and what's going to happen next?" he looks at jay. "we'll have girls playing tourney? come on guys,"

"so?" jay asks. 

"so? uh, so, have you not read the rule book?" chad asks, reaching for the rule book in the back of his trousers. "section two paragraph three, eleven dash four. 'a team will be comprised of a captain and eight men.'," he shows the book to jay, then to lonnie then the whole of the fencing team. "hmm? why don't you read the rule book?"

"yeah, but you're down a man," lonnie exclaims. "i mean, since ben had to leave to do all that king stuff,"

"exactly, we're down a man," chad says. 

"jay..." lonnie looks towards him as he sighs. 

"i'm sorry," he says. "coach trust me. i'm not going to stay captain if i throw away the rule book,"

"if my mother thought that way," lonnie starts. "she should have lost the war,"

"okay," chad scoffs. lonnie rolls her eyes and walks away. "rulebook, rulebook,"

"all right guys," jay says. "practice's over. let's go,"