chapter⁴⁹

audrey: the new queen of mean

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

08:54 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"hey, good morning," y/n says as she and carlos walking to evie's castle. evie throws two fruits at jay for him to put inside the basket. "got the towels," the towels float in gold and green magic carrying them along the way. 

y/n's magic has been getting stronger by the day which has made her very happy. one third of her mother's magic is much stronger that y/n's magic.

the magic drops them into some picnic baskets as today is jane's birthday. y/n is so excited and she cannot wait.

"i cannot wait to show her the cake," y/n says, walking over to it, her heels hitting the ground. y/n is wearing a light green dress and some gold heeled boots. she's wearing her pixie dust necklace and some gold bracelets to match with the boots. she also has a demin jacket on and her [make up/hair/locs/hijab] is [a nice green/done up/natural]. "oh no. okay, who got into jane's cake?"

"it's okay," carlos says, rubbing y/n's shoulder up and down. "do you want me to quickly get a new one? or do you want me to bake a new one?"

y/n kisses his cheek with a smile.

"you're th best boy a girl could ask for," y/n puts her hands on her hips. "but it's okay," she takes a knife, taking the piece of cake and eating it. carlos looks at his girlfriend with a confused smile. she looks at him, munching on the cake. "what?"

"you just really confusing," he says as y/n cuts him a piece. he takes it, thankfully. y/n baked this cake early in the morning and she covered it with pink and blue icing. and there is no way that he's going to miss out on y/n's baking. y/n hears cackling outside and her and carlos start to run. evie, jay and celia follow them. and when they reach outside, they see audrey with a whole new make over, the scepter and the crown. 

"so long, suckers," she spins around, leaving in a mist of pink smoke. jay turns to mal, screaming.

"woah! you might want to think of a spell for that," jay advises her. y/n and evie stand by each of mal's side to help the old women.

"there's no spell that can reverse the curse of the specter," mal says, her movements slower, her voice older.

"well, that's a shame," carlos says as y/n gives him the look. "what? i'm jus sayin'!"

"forget about me," mal says. "audrey's out for revenge. and all of auradon is in danger,"

"what should we do?" y/n asks her.

"the only thing more powerful than the specter..." mal starts. "is hades' ember,"

"oh," jay starts. "like he's going to had it over, give them back to the isle,"

"and no one knows where is lair is," evie says.

"i do," celia pipes up. "i'm his errand rat. i've got the keys at my dad's,"

"you're coming," mal points at celia, making the daughter of dr facilier frown and step back.

"but i just got here,"

"mal?" dizzy says, walking out of evie's starter palace and holding hands with the smee twins. she scream out, not recognizing mal. the twins hug the older girl for comfort.

"hey guys," y/n says, trying to soothe them. "go back inside okay? i'm coming," they all nod at y/n, walking back inside without any questions. "okay, so we have a plan. i'm going to stay here," y/n says, making carlos frown. "the kids need me. and besides mal, my mama and the fairy godmother, we are the only one's in auradon how has magic. i need to do what i can,"

"okay," carlos hugs her as she rubs his back.

"good luck," she tells him. 

"i don't need luck," he says, kissing her hand. "i have you,"