chapter⁵⁶

a new way; the right way

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

11:49 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n exits her house, closing the door behind it. she's wearing a green [short/long] skirt with a yellow butterflies sown on it. she has a white top which is tucked in with long sleeves with the same yellow butterflies on it. y/n's is wearing some boots with butterfly wings on each side. her wings are bare for the world to see. her [hair/locs/hijab/make-up] is [let out loose/done nicely].

carlos looks at his girlfriend as she steps down the steps of their house.

"hey..." carlos says with a smile. like the smile he gave her the first time he saw her beauty. "you look..."

"i look?" y/n says, crossing her arms with a laugh

"amazing," carlos says. y/n kisses carlos, carlos smiling into the kiss. "like always,"

"flattery only gets you so far, prince charming," y/n says, hooking her arms with his. "come on. let's go,"

🦋

"there they are," evie says as everyone is at the edge of auradon. y/n smiles at king ben and lady mal. "hi," evie says to mal who smiles at her. everyone cheers for the new rulers of auradon.

"lady mal and i want to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today," ben says to everyone as they the reach to the platform which has tinkerbell, the fairy godmother, belle and adam on it. and a few guards. "i couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my queen. so raise your glasses," ben raises his glass with is full or punch, the people of auradon doing the same. "to our future queen of auradon!"

"to our queen of auradon!" everyone drinks a bit of their drink. 

"speech, your special-ness!" carlos calls out, making y/n laugh.

"speech, your fancy one!" jay says, holding up his drink. everyone laughs. mal looks at them, but nothing comes out of her mouth. carlos and y/n look at each other, thinking something is wrong. 

"i can't," mal says, suddenly. everyone gasps. "i can't be the queen of auradon,"

"mal," ben mutters, making her look at him.

"i can't turn my back on the isle," she says him. "we made a decision...to close the barrier forever. and it my idea. but it's wrong," y/n and evie smile at mal. "i've learned...that you can't live in fear...because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. you never know where the bad is going to come from. and you never know where the heroes are going to come from either. without uma and her pirates, auradon would be gone. and without hades...my father..." the crowd bursts into gasps, not knowing this information. "audrey would be gone. we are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from," mal turns to ben. "and that's why i can't be queen of just auradon. i have to be queen of the isle, too," she holds his arm as he holds her. "and it's time that we take down the barrier down forever,"

"we can't do that," adam says.

"yes," tinkerbell says, smiling at mal and ben. "they can,"

"it's up to us, dad," ben says, smiling to tinkerbell. she bows towards ben and mal. "i choose to be a king who moves forward. it's time for forgiveness. it's time for new beginnings. the barrier will come down!" 

"yes!" carlos shouts out. he cheers, making everyone laugh. 

"bring it down mal," ben whispers to his girl. as everyone starts cheer and clap, y/n, carlos, evie and jay walk up the stairs to be next to mal and ben. the fairy godmother gives the wand to mal who smiles. 

"to make the world a better place..." mal starts, the wand in her hand. 

"we have to do it face to face," the vk's say. mal points the wand towards the isle of the lost, the barrier breaking down. a bridge starts to form, making everyone clap, scream and shout. the barrier has broken down. once and for all.