chapter⁴⁰

cotillion

cotillion

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

07:25 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

it is finally cotillion. after all the fighting, outfit changes, songs and magic. it is finally cotillion. 

carlos guides y/n down the stairs, making her cheeks go warm. the dress evie had designed for her is a dark green. after seeing y/n wear dark green first time, carlos heart went thump thump a lot. and evie took notice of it. so it had to be the colour of y/n's dress for cotillion. it has golden lines, running up and down the dress. it's tight fitted to show off her amazing figure, but at the bottom it falls out in ruffles. her [blonde hair/yellow hijab/make up] is [done up/natural/beautifully]. she's wearing bracelet's and a few silver rings on her hands. and on her feet, as comfort is the best policy, some white trainers with wins printed on each side. and talking about wings, her wings are out in the open. glimmering in the lights of the boat. 

"y/n!" tinkerbell calls out, making y/n turn around. tinkerbell puts her hand on her heart, smiling at her daughter. "you look like a queen," she puts her manicured hands on her daughter's face, kissing her daughter's forehead. "and you, carlos," carlos looks up at tinkerbell. "thank you for making my daughter so happy," carlos smiles at her, taking y/n's hand. 

trumpets blare out, making everyone turn their attention to the stairs.

"the future lady mal," the lumiere says, stepping away from the top of the stairs. evie looks towards the stairs with a a smile, holding doug's hand. y/n, carlos, damien, jane, jay and lonnie rush over to them. smiles on all of their faces. 

mal comes out, standing on top of their stairs, in the yellow and blue dress evie has designed for her. her purple hair in a long braid and a tiara in her head. evie puts her hands to her mouth, proud of her work but even more proud of her friend. she walks out towards the lumiere who bends down. 

"you work it, girl," he says, making mal smile at laugh. evie and y/n cheer, screaming out for their friend. the crowd starts to cheer along side them, making them smile.

"whoo!"

"yeah, mal!"

"mal!" mal walk down the stairs, adam walking up to guide her down.

"hi," she smiles at him.

"hi," he says back. "hey, ben is on his way,"

"okay," mal nods. she ends up next t belle as well as adam.

"and you look beautiful," he says. 

"oh, thank you," mal laughs nervously.

"i know we were shocked at first," belle says. "but you-you are exactly what ben needs,"

"and lucky for me," adam joins in, motioning at his wife. "she doesn't go by first impressions," his comment makes both women laugh. y/n walks up, bowing to the past king and queen. she puts her hand out, mal taking it. 

"hi," y/n says to her. "how are you?"

"i feel like i'm going to throw up," mal giggles nervously at her. they walk over to evie who holds hand with mal. 

"we're right with you. remember?" the blue haired girl says. the fanfares plays, making everyone look towards the stairs. 

"king benjamin!" the lumiere says. ben walks up to the stairs, everyone else cheering. the music stops and everyone takes a moment to bow at the king.

"go get him," evie winks at mal, making the purple haired girl laugh. mal walks forward as ben walks down the stairs. he bows at her, making mal confused but she still bows towards him.

"mal," ben starts. "i wish i had time to explain," the door open, uma walking through them. y/n looks at uma then at ben. oh shit.