chapter⁴⁸

a serious conversation

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

12:54 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" y/n hears as she knocks on the door of evie's patio. 

"hey," y/n says, walking over to mal and evie. "what is going on?"

"you're okay!" evie says, hugging the girl. y/n winces slightly at the contact before shaking it off and smiling. "i missed you,"

"evie, i live next door," y/n laughs. y/ turns to mal, who gives her a beat hug. ben must have taught her. "hi, your majesty. how are you?"

"better now you're here," mal squeezes, y/n's hands. she let's go and y/n sits down on a chair next to evie. "so, n/n," mal starts, clapping her hands together. "the queen's crown and maleficent's scepter has ben taken," y/n looks at mal and evie.

"who else knows?" y/n asks.

"no one," mal chuckles. "i mean, think about it, people are scared enough as it is. we have to employ these entirely new security measures,"

"are more vk's still going to come over?" y/n asks, raising her eyebrow. she looks at both of her friends.

"yes," evie says, snapping her fingers. "will this delay them coming over?"

"we're talking about closing the barrier for good," mal says, crossing her arm over her purple dress.

"but you said no," y/n says with a laugh. and evie nods.

"of course, she said no," evie says. "the four of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. i mean what could be more important than that?"

"yeah. i know," she turns and takes a few steps to the right before sitting down. "i mean, maybe for security or maybe peace of mind for everyone in auradon"

"is that what they're thinking?" y/n says, standing up with a wince. "what about all the promises made? no one to ever come out the isle again? mal cannot let that happen. we cannot let that happen,"

"yeah, i know," mal says. 

"m," evie starts, taking mal's hand. "i am so glad that you're going to be queen. you will be apart of these conversations, you will stand up for the vk's. thank you for telling me,"

"for telling us," y/n corrects, holding mal's other hand. "you will be an amazing queen," the three of them hug and y/n notices she's not wincing anymore. maybe she's getting better.