chapter³⁰

recognition

recognition

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

09:30 AM, THE ISLE OF THE LOST

"hey man," ben bumps into gil, making y/n look up.

"hey," gil says, looking at the two. the vk's rush over towards them. "hey, i know you,"

"no you don't," y/n says, rubbing her face, covering it more, then her beanie already does. 

"i don't know you either man," ben says. 

"uh, yeah you do," gil says. ben and y/n glance at each other. "come on man, really? huh? dudes, i'll give you a hint. my dad is quick, slick and his neck..." gil points at his neck. "is incredibly thick,"

evie squints her eyes at the brown bandana wearing guy. carlos putting hand on the lower part of y/n's back, just to make sure she's safe. "come on man, i kn-huh? huh," he looks at the picture behind them, it being it y/n, ben and mal. he points at the picture, making the vk's turn around and look at the picture. he points at ben and y/n, making the vk's look back at them. "oh! you're king ben!" that is the warning the vk's needed. the carlos pushes y/n along as evie does the same to ben. "and royal advisor y/n! and you're j-jay, evie and carlos. hey guys..." the vk's and the two ak's have been lost in the crowd, gil still looking for them. "oh...uma's going to love this!"

he skips off, not knowing what kind of trouble he's caused.

🦋

"you okay?" carlos asks y/n as she turns around, seeing that gil isn't where he was. "babe?"

"yeah, yeah...i'm okay," she smiles at him, making him nod. the five reach a corner, jay picking up a stone and throwing it at a sign. evie and jay push ben towards the staircase that has been revealed. he starts to walk the steps, but then turns around. 

"wish me luck,"

y/n puts her thumbs up with a smile.

"all the way up," jay says, pointing his finger up and ben nods. 

"good luck,"