chapter⁵⁷

break this down

break this down

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

12:30 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

 mal walks toward the balcony after hugging the fairy godmother and tinkerbell. 

"it's time to bring it together," she sings, putting her hands on the balcony. "time for a brand new start,"

"we gonna put it in motion," uma sings on the balcony at the isle of the lost. she is ecstatic. "break down what keeps us apart,"

"no more no division we down," mal sings, snapping her fingers. "new time got the vision-"

"unite," uma and mal sing at the same time. 

"till we stand, now we living marching," uma sings by herself. "in the light, one two, one two like,"

"i see you," mal sings, point towards herself.

"you see me," uma reciprocates.

"imperfect,"

"perfectly,"

"face to face. we can see clearly our similarities like," the two sing at the same. carlos, jay, y/n, ben and evie walk over to mal, joining her. and on the isle harry, gil and celia join uma.

"day and night,"

"wrong or right,"

"we come together for a good time," uma sigs, giving celia a side hug.

"we're going to break this down," the ak's plus the four vk's sing on the balcony. jane, audrey and chad join them. "we're going to rock the town," y/n and evie put their hands out for mal and she takes them both. "everyone all around," the vk's from the isle sing. "let's be whoever like this. stronger together like this!"

"believing in second chances," uma sings as she runs down the stairs with celia, harry and gil. 

"and we're all starting today," celia sings, bopping up and down to the beat.

"marching on in a new land," harry sings, with his arms out. 

"our world's a better, a better place," the vk's sing, walking onto the bridge other vk's behind them.

"welcome, the addition new love," evie sings, marching in a straight line with carlos, jay and mal. her hands are wide open ready for this brilliant change. 

"unity, new beginning for us,"  carlos sings, bopping his head to beat. 

"harmony that's the mission marching," jay sings as they walk onto the bridge, leaving the main ak's behind.

"in the light, one two, one two like," the core four, the pirates and celia sing at the same time. "i see you, you see me. imperfect, perfectly. like day and night, wrong or right," the two sides meet each other in the middle of the bridge, vibing. "we come together for a good time," they start to dance in sync. " we're going to break this down! we're going to rock the town! everyone all around!" they all jump up, running towards auradon. "just be whoever like this! stronger together like this. we're reunited like this!"

"bringing it, bringing it, b-b-b-bringing it down," the everyone sings softly as they dance together. "bringing it, bringing it, b-b-b-bringing it down," they start to step, stomping to the beat. "bringing it, bringing it, b-b-b-bringing it down. bringing it, bringing it, b-b-b-bringing it down!"

"down!" mal sings, the ak's running into the auradon, cheering for the vk's.  the vk's stand at the edge of auradon, looking around. ben, who's at the front, bows towards them, everyone else following his lead. 

"whoo!" uma smiles, jumping up. the vk's cheering, walking and running to auradon. uma hugs mal, spinning her around. 

everyone moves in sync, similar to a wave. they do it again but to the opposite side. they dance with their best friend or their lover, never feeling like this before.

"we're going to break this down," everyone sings. "we're gonna rock the town,"

"oh, we're gonna rock this town," y/n sings by herself as she dances around with her man, carlos.

"everyone all around,"

"oh, around!"

"just be whoever like this!"

"come on!"

"we're going to break this down," everyone sings spinning. "we're gonna rock the town,"

"come on, everybody on the isle gonna like this," evie sings, dancing with doug.

"everyone all around!"

"oh, around,"

"just be whoever like this!" everyone sings. "stronger together like this! we reunited like this!  bringing it, bringing it, b-b-b-bringing it down!"

there is a moment of silence before everyone screams out in joy. they did it.

"carlos," y/n says, spinning him to make him look at her. "i love you,"

"i love you, n/n," y/n and carlos both turn to you with big smiles on their faces. they look at each other then back at you.

"okay," they say at the same time. "we're done,"