chapter³⁹

to cotillion?

to cotillion?

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

12:25 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"i'll get these lockers back to the gym," lonnie says as they have all finally arrived back in auradon.

"thanks," jay smiles at her. 

"seeya later," and she jogs over to the gym. y/n walk hand in hand with carlos, as jane runs over to her. 

"ben, y/n. there you are. cotillion's tonight," the brunette says. "y/n, we have everything ready. do you still want...?"

"do you want to cancel?" ben asks mal, making her look at him. y/n kisses carlos' hand, walking over to jane.

"let me see," the tired [blonde/yellow] [hijab wearing/haired] girl says, putting out her hand. jane hands the tablet over to y/n. she scrolls at the pictures, seeing how everything is how she planned. 

"are you okay?" jane says, putting her hand on y/n's shoulder. y/n gives her a tired smile. 

"yeah...just tired. that's all," the green wearing girl yawns. "i'm just going to get changed and finish off everything, okay? you've been a big help, j,"

"of course, n/n!" jane smiles at her. the best friends walk into the school, walking over to the dorm section. "so?"

"so?" y/n repeats mimicking the brunette. "what?"

"did you not get asked to cotillion?" jane asks, opening the door to y/n's room. y/n jumps on her bed, wanting to take a quick nap.

"didn't i already ask carlos?" y/n mumbles into her red cushion...red? oh carlos must have left that one. y/n hears nothing but a small wince from jane. she looks up at her blue wearing friend. "didn't i?"

🦋

"carlos?" y/n shouts, jogging through the mini mazes that are in front of the school. jay said he saw him talking to dude. "carlos?"

"y/n?" she hears. she turns around to be right in front of her boyfriend. "hey, n/n. you okay?"

"yeah," she says as he holds her hand. "i just have something to ask you," she plays with his fingers. 

"i have something to ask you to," he says. "you wanna say it at the same time?"

"okay,"

"three..."

"two..."

"one! do you want to go to cotillion with me?" the couple says at the same time, y/n jumping out and down.

"oh my god, yes i would love to you," carlos kisses her with a smile, making her smile. "i'm so sorry, i though i already asked you. i guess i really am busy,"

"it's okay, n/n. i'm just so happy right now," he smiles. "i feel like the luckiest girl-i-i mean guy,"

y/n laughs, making carlos' cheeks go warm. god. he loves this girl. 

🦋

the couple walk down the hallway into carlos' room. to see chad on the floor in his outfit for cotillion. on the phone. 

"chad. this is my room chad. chad-" carlos says but chad shushes him. y/n rolls her eyes, carlos putting his arm around her shoulder.

"audrey?" chad says with a lovesick smile on his face. "yeah. yeah? well, yeah. that's wonderful news. she's got a flat tire in sherwood forest, and she wants me to go and fix it," chad says to the fairy and the dog lover who look at each other.

"i swear that's sic hours away," y/n says to him. 

"really only six?" chad says. "i'm going to be there fast than i thought. mwah!" he ends the call with audrey getting up form the ground.

"ah, ah. my printer, my crown," carlos says, taking the crown of chad's head. 

"oh. yeah," chad starts. "about that, i was j-" he laughs, punching carlos in the chest lightly. "i'm coming, audrey!" the two watch chad run out the door before bursting out laughing. 

"this belongs to you fair maiden," carlos says in a fancy voice. y/n coughs, raising her voice, bowing to him. 

"why thank you, my king," she says, as carlos puts the crown on top of her [head/hair/hijab/scarf]. she laughs, doing bow as carlos copies. yup, he really loves this girl.