chapter²⁴

it's basically a wedding

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

10:21 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n sits on a bench which is covered with notes and sticky notes; all a shade of green.

"if i cut the costs of that then..." y/n mumbles. she bits her pen, scribbling out the note that she just write down. she looks up, spotting her friends walking and gets up. she shields the bench with magic so nothing can come out and jogs up the stairs, her white heeled boots clacking again the rock.

"all you need to do is to look like me," she hears jay say.

"you know," y/n starts, walking over to them. "i don't think that's the best idea," she jokes, making jay roll her eyes at her. carlos jumps at his girlfriend's voice, putting a hand over his heart.

"you're funny, fairy," jay laughs.

"hey, n/n," carlos says as she smiles at him.

"hey babe," y/n says. carlos looks into her [eye colour] with gulp.

"i was wondering if you..." even though they are dating, even though they've see each other in the most embarrassing situations, y/n always makes carlos' brain go to mush. "uh, liked the [least favourite cake flavor] cake last night?" carlos face palms internally. why would he say her last favourite flavor?

y/n looks at carlos with a laugh.

"babe, you literally saw me eat your cake," y/n says. she puts her hands against his cheeks, squishing them. "you okay? your cheeks are really warm. are you sick?"

"n-no," carlos mutters, his face squished. "i'm okay,"

"smooth," jay says waving a goodbye to y/n, and grabbing carlos' shoulders, pushing him away.

evie steps forward as jane and lonnie appear beside y/n.

"i have an opening for three of a fitting. who wants it?" evie asks the girls.

"me!" lonnie shouts out before y/n and jane could say anything. "sorry," she says, turning to the girls.

"i'll take you both later," evie says as her, lonnie and jane walk over to the side to discuss arrangements. mal walks up to y/n.

"mal, hey,"

"hey, y/n," mal gives her a tired smile. "let me guess. the decorating committee?"

"yeah..." y/n draws out. y/n's magic breaks the shield around the bench to let let a tablet fly over to her. she catches it as it drops into her hands. then the shield is brought back up again. "but if you have class i can ask evie or ben,"

"no, it's okay," mal smiles at her.

"just nod if you like it, okay?" y/n says. mal nods. y/n turns on the tablet. "chair swags. entry banners. twinkle lights. napkin design. table bunting," y/n glances every second as mal nods or shakes her head. "ad you still haven't picked out any party favors,"

"um, what can we pick from?" mal asks, trying to keep calm.

"we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers-" y/n glances over at mal, who's eyes turn bright green. the tablet floats in the air as y/n puts her hands in mal's, her hands glowing a soft gold. mal blinks, looking down at y/n with a relieved smile. "you okay?"

"how-how did you do that?" mal asks her, their hands still together.

"i uh," y/n start, letting go of mal's hand. "my mother taught me this spell; it's a mind calming spell. i can teach you if you want,"

"yeah, i'd like that thanks," mal smiles at her. "also, i say pen toppers,"

"yeah?" y/n asks, writing it down on the tablet.

"yeah," mal nods. lonnie, jane and evie walk over to the two magic girls.

"i can hardly wait to see what you're wedding will look like!" lonnie says with a smile on her face. evie, y/n and jane nodding in agreement. 

"me, too-what wait?!" mal exclaims, looking at y/n.

"the royal cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged," y/n says to her. 

"i knew it!" evie smiles.

"well, everyone knows it," lonnie says. mal laughs out dryly.

"i didn't know it," she says, starting to freak out. "how come nobody to me that?! is my entire life just planned out before? what do we-" ben walks up behind her.

"hi mal,"

"hi ben," the girls say in a singsong. ben goes to kiss mal before y/n grabs his arm. 

"hold on, just a second, love birds," she says. "i just need a tick with his majesty," the two best friends walk over to a corner. "okay so, they basically almost finished with the big surprise for mal's night. snow white," y/n shows ben the design of the glass window from snow white and prince charming's cotillion. "belle," y/n swipes left to show the design for the glass window from belle's and adam's cotillion. "but the one you designed for mal is my favourite. ben, you've out did yourself," y/n swipes left, showing the one for the upcoming one. 

"n/n, her eyes needs to be green," ben says, looking at the zoom in of mal's face. y/n rolls her eyes, looking at her friend. y/n puts the tablet to her chest as mal looks at the two. mal can't see it. not yet anyway. "see you later," ben says to mal, who waves with a sad smile on her face.

"what colour do you want them to use?" y/n says, making her magic show different shades of green. ben looks at them all, seeing the deepest green. 

"this one,"