chapter⁵⁴

lies

lies

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

05:09 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

it is dark when they all decide to attack audrey. ben, mal, uma, y/n, jay, carlos, harry and evie all creep around in the dark. y/n can't use any magic just in case audrey might sense it.

mal has the ember on her and she is ready to use it. they get closer and closer to the cottage and when they finally do, ben opens the gate which squeaks. everyone walks through the garden and as ben opens the door, audrey is nowhere in sight.

jay runs upstairs as everyone checks the lower part of the house.

"she's not upstairs," jay says, running back down. everyone looks around. did they fail?

they all turn to the sound of a door banging, mal putting her hand out. ready to attack. y/n looks at the window of the door, sighing.

"it's chad," she says. 

"aren't you gonna let him out?" uma asks her. y/n looks at the left and then to right before groaning. she takes the log away from the door. and she opens it.

"i wat my mommy," chad says, looking at them all. ben goes to help him up but chad flinches. "no," ben pauses, trying again.

"it's okay," ben helps chad up who looks around. uma raises her eyebrow at him. "what happened buddy?"

"ben. ben!" chad shouts. he brings ben closer to him, like they were going to kiss. "your face...she's gone? huh?" mal looks at him baffled. chad looks around once more, noticing the door. "the door is open. i'm free! freedom!" he runs out, almost tripping over the floor. harry chuckles as ben starts to walk out. everyone one follows him, y/n and carlos, closing the door behind them.

"ooh," uma sighs out. already tired of all this running around. "all right. let's get this audrey chick taken care of already. what do you say girls? time to wrap things up?" uma and mal fist bump, making y/n smile. 

"you know," she starts. "you're going to have to tell me how you guys teamed up,"

"yeah," ben agrees. "how did this even happen?"

"actually," evie starts. "mal promised to let all the kids off the isle once this is over,"

"really?" y/n smiles. "that's great! that's a lot more work but i can handle it, mal. don't worry," y/n goes to hug mal who stops her.

"mal?" ben questions her, which makes mal put her hand up. 

"i have to tell you guys something," the purple haired girl says. everyone stops confused. "um..." mal sighs, turning around to face them. "i lied to you," evie tilts her head, not understanding. "the kids won't be coming off the isle,"

"what do you mean?" jay asks her.

"the program is shut down," mal says with a nod. "and the barrier...will be closed for good," harry grunts, holding his hook in his hand. he can't believe her.

"for auradon's safety,"

"ben?" y/n asks him. carlos puts his arm around y/n's waist for comfort. "that one meeting i missed because i was magic drained? you're going to close the barrier?" ben looks towards his best friend, with sad eyes. "what about your dream?"

"hold up," uma says, not believing what mal said. she walks over to the purpled haired girl, being face to face. "so we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie? i knew it was a mistake to trust you. you're always out for yourself,"

"and you," harry says, pointing his hook at ben. "king ben, eh?" harry pauses, standing right next to the king. "you're probably just going to throw us back inside,"

"you know what?" celia says, walking closer to mal and uma. "i actually thought you were brave. you're nothing but a chicken," tears are streaming down celia's face. "too scared to tell me i was never gonna see my dad again,"

"celia," mal starts. celia takes the ember out of mal's hands, walking over to a fountain. "celia. celia, no!" the ember hits the water, a huge spark coming from it.

"celia!" y/n yells out towards the girl, but she doesn't turn around once. mal runs to the fountain, to get the ember.

"no! no," she takes the ember out of the water, putting her other hand over it. "regain your might and ignite! no..." she turns around, facing everyone else. "regain your might and ignite!" she puts the ember out to uma, who looks at her necklace, it doesn't glow. so can't help the ember. 

"bummer," uma says. "let's go find gil and leave them to rot," harry and uma walk past mal without a second thought.

"no," mal sighs at, tears spilling from her eyes. "uh...uma!" mal turns around, seeing evie take steps closer to her. "evie...i'm so sorry. i'm sorry i just...thought that...i was afraid to tell you. i thought i was going to lose my best friend. but i had to do something. i had to protect auradon,"

"closing the barrier was your idea?" evie asks, still in disbelief.

"i did it for us," jay and carlos look at each other, frowns on their faces. y/n looks down, not believing anything. "i did it for our life that we have here now,"

"for our life?" evie asks. "what about the kids that we left behind on that island? the kids that we promised? we were their only hope. i thought you were going to stand up for the vk's. but instead, you lied to them. and you lied to jay," evie points towards jay. "and you lied to carlos," evie points towards the couple. "and you lied to y/n. and you lied to me," evie points at herself, her voice breaking. "we're your family," evie turns around, walking over to carlos and y/n. y/ picks up dude, trying not to cry.

"evie," mal says. "evie, come on. i had no choice!" y/n feels the tears slipping from her eyes as she turns her face towards carlos' [chest/shoulder]. and that's the last thing she feels before turning to stone.