Karmic debt

Xiao had lots of trouble understanding the emotions of mortals, he never showed any emotion, not even the slightest smile on his face or a look in his eyes. So this really did seem serious. The strong Adeptus everyone thought would never show any feelings in his existence is over there on a lake near Liyue crying his beautiful amber eyes out. There was nobody there besides the two boys. Not even an animal. There was zero sign of living in the area. Xiao looked completely miserable. He didn't seem like he wanted to have any type of conversation. Especially not with the blonde.

"Xiao talk to me. I'm here for you. What's wrong..? How did you end up like this?" The traveler sat next to him, with a worried look on his face but didn't wanna touch him to comfort the Yaksha. He knew he didn't like any close-up actions such as hugs or a pat on the back, the Adeptus despised it. There was nothing that could annoy him more.

"...It doesn't matter. You can leave me here. I will ...soon be better...go away. Let me be. Don't let me bother you." His voice was trembling quite a lot as tears rolled down his cheeks and the blood from his forehead just wouldn't stop going down his face. It was a horrible sight.

"I'm not leaving you here all alone. You're injured, Xiao! You look like you're about to die any moment now. Please let me help you."

Xiao looked up at him, he hasn't seen anyone that cared about him this much in a long while. Ever since his Yaksha siblings died he became distant from everyone. Most mortals would just leave or get scared or even both. But aether? He felt different. For some odd reason, Xiao saw Aether as someone who wasn't as bad. He liked that feeling he had around him. It was comforting in all kinds of ways.

"How did this get here?" Said the blonde boy pointing at his bleeding head. Xiao reached and touched the spot and growled a bit due to the pain. Aether immediately made him lie down on his back trying not to hurt him more than he currently is and he put some bandages around his head. "Ngh." Groaned Xiao silently while biting his lip to ease the pain of the injury and to stay silent Aether was trying to fix it.

"You'll feel better after don't worry, now tell me what happened. I'm hoping you didn't do this to yourself."

Xiao hesitated for a moment but soon realized he had nobody else to talk to and it would just be bugging him forever if he didn't tell the guy sitting next to him. Besides, traveler was his only option, his only hope left in this world. He didn't fully trust him. But his emotions were all over the place. And he had stuff he wanted to get off his chest. It was difficult but eventually, he started speaking.

"I don't... understand you mortals sometimes." He started, looking away from Aether. He wanted to get rid of some feelings he suddenly gained in the past couple of months. Meanwhile, Aether wanted to help him with the current situation, The traveler assumed Xiao was confused about why the Traveler helped him And brushed off his strange comment

"Please, xiao come with me." Demanded the traveler offering the amber-eyed boy his hand, hoping he could help Xiao in any way he could. The boy needed some help badly, mentally and physically.

"You can go, leave me here. It will heal eventually. I'm not coming with you. It will only cause you trouble."

"I can't leave you alone like this. Everyone is worried about you xiao. Especially Zhongli and...me, I'm worried about you too." aether didn't wanna leave him alone, he looked like he could barely walk or move. Who knows what he did in these two weeks while not being in Liyue?

"I'm not coming with you." Said xiao.

"You don't have a choice." The traveler thought for a moment about how he could bring the yaksha back to Liyue. First of all, he couldn't walk. Second of all, he would probably refuse to move. he was too stubborn sometimes. After a while, he got an idea. He looked at Xiao as if he was asking for permission to do something, but the tealish-haired boy wasn't sure what he meant and just looked away. So Aether picked Xiao up in his arms gently, making sure not to hurt him in any kind of way.

"What are you-"

"I can't seem to figure out another choice. But if you're uncomfortable just say so. I'll think of another way I guess..."

Xiao stayed silent and gripped onto Aether while he was carrying him. The Yaksha had a very mixed-up mind at the time. It's surprising to see him have any physical contact with mortals. Normally he would start feeling mortified if anyone touched him. But he for some odd reason didn't have any trouble with the traveler carrying him. The blonde boy shared many glances with him and often caught him staring at him and looking away as soon as Aether turned his head to look at him to check if he was still alive or looked unwell. The Adeptus sure was stubborn.

But once they reached Wangshuu Inn Xiao gripped harder onto Aether like he wanted to say something. "You don't wanna go back do you?" Said the boy looking down at him. The Adeptus didn't say anything but just gripped him slightly lighter.

Aether immediately understood and pulled out his teapot, quickly kicking Paimon out and telling her to get some medicine from Qiqi and Baizhu for headaches and bad injuries. Not to mention that he did not want her around Xiao. He wanted the Adeptus to feel comfortable, not annoyed.

He did not need any medicine. The boy had tons of it but still needed an excuse to make his flying companion leave.