Perseverance

The skies of Teyvat were completely shattered.

The trees had all burnt down and the grass had turned black.

Multiple people laid on the ground injured unable to move.

The traveler, or no, better said, the God of space and time was standing in the middle of it all with a large white blade in his hands. It was glowing pure light similar to that of the sun. As he walked, the ground from under him turned back to its original green color. He knew chaos was about to occur as soon as somebody noticed him, so he made sure to walk slowly and observe the situation carefully.

With each step he took he felt more guilty for lying to his lover. With each step, he was moving more away from him. He hated himself for choosing to sneak out but he had no other choice. Aether wasn't the type of person to sit around and do nothing while the world was slowly destroying itself all because of him.

All he could do was hope that this goes smoothly and nothing goes as Xiao had mentioned. The blonde was confident in his powers. There was no way he would lose control.

But he wanted to trust the Yaksha's predictions. He even claimed he got them from Istaroth. So was going unto the battle field really the right choice?

He turned around and scanned his surroundings carefully.

He was all alone.

But there was no turning back.

He never felt so alone before in all his life.

He gripped his sword tighter than before and tried not to worry so much. He had a hard battle to focus on.

So what if he was alone?

He had more power than ever.

Feeling lonely should be the least of his worries now.

With that kind of mindset, he started taking a few more steps forward until he was tackled to the ground by a woman wearing a dark blue dress. Her aura seemed similar to that of a god the traveler fought before. He knew she was one of the people looking for him.

"Here! He's here!" The goddess shouted. Multiple other entities emerged from the shadows and tried to help her tackle him.

Fortunately, that didn't do anything.

Aether slashed all their feet, making them fall to the ground unable to move for some time due to the pain. The boy jumped and stabbed his sword through the bodies of the entities without thinking twice.

He didn't care who he was killing,

As long as he was able to stop this.

Most gods are immortals, meaning getting stabbed once meant nothing to them. They could come back with nothing lost.

That was what was supposed to happen, but the blonde's blade didn't allow that. The second it touched the blue-dressed god, its soul immediately disappeared into the unknown. This shook some of the barely alive entities to the core. They didn't worry about dying but after realizing how strong the traveler had become they started crying and begging for their lives with pain in their voices.

He simply moved his gaze away from them and began walking towards where most of the disaster was happening.

The Pyro and Cryo Archons, Murata and Focalors were battling against another thing that seemed like a god in the skies.

As soon as the creature saw Aether, it flex straight towards him. The two archons tried stopping it but failed.

Both of them were extremley worried about what was going to happen so they closed their eyes and watched as a ton of smoke surrounded the place the creature landed at.

It was hard to tell what was going on but after some time, it was all way too clear.

The creature disappeared.

The lord of Hydro had to blind a couple of times to confirm she saw everything correctly.

"Lord Murata, are you seeing this correctly? He couldn't have gotten rid of it so fast could he!? How come a mere mortal has stronger abilities than both of us combined? Could this be the reason all these gods are after him?" Furina said with an annoyed tone.

"Lady Furina, I don't think that's a mortal. Something is wrong with it's eyes."

"Why are you calling him an 'it'?"

"There is no way that's the same traveler I met once. Something had changed. Aren't you noticing this as well, Lady Furina?"

As the two women talked, the blonde's eyes suddenly began hurting like never before. He ignored the pain until he cleared a path and found a cave in the distance to hide. He made his way to the cave as fast as he could.

In the cave was a small puddle of water. Aether washed his face and only the noticed the terrible headache he was having. He sat down and held his head with his hands, starting to rethink his decisions.

After looking at the water for some time, he decided to take a clear look at himself. It was a gut feeling telling him to do this. He couldn't possibly ignore it at a time like this.

When he took a look at his reflection, his eyes widened.

His hair had grown back out completely, even though he told the Adeptus to cut it for this very exact moment. Not only that but his eye color was slowly fading away, turning into a bright white spark.

He washed his face with the water a couple more times wondering how this would have happened. Hair was understandable. He probably accidentally made it grow while trying to slash the entities. Maybe he really should have reconsidered.

He most definitely didn't have full control of the powers.

There was an explanation for that, but nothing regarding the eyes made sense. Aether grabbed the last bit of water in the cave and washed his face with it, hoping it was all a hallucination.

Right before he could open his eyes he felt a sharp object pierce through his back.