A week before the disaster ||

Even though the traveler was originally planning to go lay down a bit, he decided to go to the balcony and glare at the plants he had planted a long time ago in his teapot. He had many things to think about. His mind was a mess. He knew he mentally wasn't doing the best these past couple of days but decided to try and pull it together for his lover's sake. He didn't want the boy to worry. The best thing to do in the given situation was to try and stay calm.

During all the previous fights, the blonde's hair became a complete mess. Entities took it as an opportunity to pull it and be able to attack easier. He tried out different hairstyles but they always managed to get messed up to the point he didn't care anymore. Sure, it hurt getting his hair pulled almost every fight but he couldn't do anything about it.

Xiao was in the kitchen making the tea he had promised his lover. He would stop what he was doing every few seconds to take a look at the hand that slapped him. He regretted what he did deeply. But there was no other way for the Yaksha to try knocking some sense into the other.

Their balcony wasn't too far away from the kitchen. If either of them were to start talking then it could be heard clearly, but they both chose to stay silent since they got back in the mansion. There was a weird tension between them. There was no doubt both of them knew that already.

"...Xiao?"

Aether suddenly called out.

The Adeptus looked back but he didn't want to respond. He was almost done making the tea, the only thing he had to do left was pour the hot water into the cup.

"After all this is over, let's get married."

Hearing something so sudden made Xiao accidentally spill all the hot water over his hands. It burned a lot but that wasn't what he was focused on.

"What!?" He yelled in surprise and pain from the burn.

"It doesn't have to be a ceremony with a lot of people. It could be just me and you."

For a moment the Yaksha just stood silent not knowing what to do or how to react. Was he hearing this right? His hands were already beginning to swell. All he could do at that moment was just stare at his boyfriend from a distance. The traveler wasn't even facing him, he was still admiring the plants.

"I hurt you just a few minutes ago and now you...wish to get married?"

Finally, the boy turned around to face his lover. He had a faint smile on his face, nothing like his usual one but the Adeptus felt relieved to see him smile, but unfortunately, The spark still wasn't there.

"It's fine with me if you don't want to."

"I do. But I doubt that's ever going to happen if you continue injuring yourself like this. According to Istaroth, an apocalypse will begin in not too long. You'll destroy everything no matter what happens, so what's the point?" Xiao found the proposal stupid, especially since he felt deep down that it meant nothing.

Aether smiled and started walking up to him completely ignoring everything other than his partner's first sentence.

He grabbed his hands and started healing them. It was only then that the Yaksha realized how much the burns were hurting.

It all seemed like innocent healing until the traveler let the right hand go and only grabbed the left one. He looked his lover deep into the eyes before sliding a silver ring onto the boy's ring finger. It fit perfectly.

He reached into his pocket and grabbed a similar one handing it over to Xiao. The only difference was that the ring was only a size bigger than the one he now had.

"I won't go outside anymore. At least not until it is all over, but I want you to do me a favor." The blonde started in a soft tone.

"I'd do anything to keep you away from those people. Whatever it is just name it."

Suddenly, the traveler reached over behind him into one of the cabinets and grabbed one of the sharpest knives they had. Xiao was already starting to get an idea that didn't seem appealing to him. He was about to grab his lover's hand to stop him from whatever he was about to do but then he spoke once more.

"Take this knife and cut off my hair. Cut it all until there is nothing to grab anymore." Aether handed him the knife and turned around waiting patiently.

This was such an odd request. The boy's hair was beautiful. He got compliments about it wherever he went. If he were to cut it, he would lose a huge part of himself. The Adeptus also admired his hair. He wanted to say something about it but didn't.

With one swift move using the knife, the hair was already gone. The blonde's hairstyle wasn't looking bad but it was clear that something was missing.

"Thank y-" Before the traveler could thank his boyfriend, he could feel a ring slip onto his finger the same way it did on the other's. Immediately he was hugged from behind and the Yaksha wouldn't let go. He held him as close as possible hoping that keeping his partner away from fights wouldn't cause an apocalypse as Istaroth predicted.

He wasn't sure why Aether wanted his hair gone at such a random moment, especially since it didn't matter anymore. Why was he suddenly getting insecure with his looks when the entire world was ending? Xiao knew that wasn't the case but he couldn't think of anything else. He just held him in his arms for a very long time while a small tear decided to escape his eye and roll down his cheek.

"What would I do without you..." whispered the traveler.