Figuring yourself out VI

It was about two hours before the Lantern Rite festival, the laughing and happy people outside of the room were patiently waiting for it to begin. The loud noise woke Aether up. He was glad that this time it was something good waking him up, unlike what happened before. He instantly noticed that his companion was not sleeping next to him anymore.

Instead Xiao was looking out the window he broke some time ago. The view from the giant treehouse was interesting to look at, and it made the Yaksha feel at ease. Unfortunately he couldn't see anything of the festival that was about to take place. Wangshuu Inn was way too far away. Barely anyone celebrated it there. Even the owner of the place wasn't there. Meaning the traveler and the Adeptus were the only ones around there.

"I'm sorry I didn't wake you up, I thought you should sleep for couple more minutes for good rest and clear mind..."

The blonde boy got up and stretched as he walked over to his friend to watch the view outside the window.

"That's okay, no need for apologies."

He smiled. That was some much needed rest after that one nightmare, he wondered if Xiao had one and that was the reason he woke up earlier but decided not to ask. An interesting event is soon gonna take place. Ruining the mood would just be cruel.

The Yaksha put his hand up lightly as if he was trying to touch the one next to him but hesitated, so he immediately put his hand down and looked away.

The traveler seemed to have noticed that.

"Feel free, Xiao." He said with lightly flushed cheeks, looking down.

"Hmph." Muttered the other.

After all that talk he still didn't feel like it was right to put Aether's life in danger. Nor did he have the courage to touch him, this really hurt the Yaksha in a confusing way.

With all that tension around them a cheerful voice decided to appear just a bit away from the room.

"Here! Mr. Zhongli said they'd be here!!"

And so, Paimon appeared. Together with Lumine. They both never had much chance to bond together but now that the blonde boy was gone for a while those two became quite good friends. They shared many stories. The floating fairy shared stories of her and Aether's adventures around Teyvat and funny moments that happened meanwhile the blonde girl shared how it was working with the abyss. Both these kinds of stories were interesting to listen to.

"Brother! I've heard you've been injured, I couldn't help but come to check in on you. Both me and Paimon have been missing you a lot since you left."

"Aw, I've missed you two aswell. I mainly missed Paimon constantly nagging me to buy her food."

"Hey!"

The two twins laughed as the floating companion kept complaining how she dosen't nag her dear friend for food.

"What's up with your hair? And who's this guy?" Said Lumine pointing at her brother's hair and the guy who was next to him.

"Let's not mention the hair, but this is Xiao, the Adeptus I've been telling you about."

"You must be the sister he kept searching for in the past I assume." Spoke Xiao suddenly changing his tone as if he got his guard up incase of any danger, he didn't completely trust his companions twin sister, afterall she was the leader of every Abyss creature.

Nobody seemed to have noticed the sudden change expect for Aether, he gave him a weird look.

"And you must be the guy my brother won't stop talking about, ah if only you heard how much he praises you when mentioning his time in Liyue. Oh! And not to mention tha-"