Resting ||

The Adeptus had opened the door leading to Aether's room. And to his surprise, the boy had his back turned against him while sitting on his bed and staring at the wall with his hands covering his face. Very faint sobs could be heard from Aether, his wound seemed to be doing a lot better though. Doctor Baizhu had put tons of bandages around it to help ease the pain.

The sudden emotion change made Xiao concerned about his dear friend. Just a couple minutes ago he had a light smile on his face, so why was he now sobbing? The tall green haired man's reaction also seemed quite unusual. He stormed out of the room in a very fast speed not saying a thing to him or Qiqi.

As soon as the traveler heard footsteps approaching him, he instantly tried to wipe his tears away and put on a smile on his face. He knew exactly who was walking up to him, he had memorized those Footsteps way too well.

For some odd reason, the Yaksha was afraid to speak. He was unsure if the boy was in the capable mental state to talk.

He still decided to try and say something, staying quiet and staring would do nothing but create awkwardness.

"What's bothering you, Aether?" Finally managed the Adeptus.

"..."

The boy chose to stay quiet, he knew he would breakdown if he even tried opening his mouth. There was far too much pressure and stress on him since that fight. Some of the questions Baizhu asked made him remember the fight vividly. The way he stabbed his sister in the chest still gives him shivers.

"Staying quiet won't do anything. I'm not going to leave until you tell me what's going on with you..."

Xiao sat next to him and stared at his face which was looking directly at the ground, with eyes full of tears. It seemed like that fight had affected him more than he thought.

"Talk to me...whatever it is, I'm here for you. I will always be here for you no matter the situation is." he then proceeded to grab the traveler's chin and attempted to wipe his tears away with his thumb. He had worry in eyes the entire time while trying to wipe the endless tears away.

The blonde boy just stared at him while biting his lip to keep the sobs as quiet as possible.

"Do you...think I made the right choice?"

"Huh?"

"Do you think I should've gave up all the memories I have ever made in Teyvat to go into the unknown to her?"

He finally broke down, crying like never before. Tears wouldn't stop coming out of his eyes as he started going on about how much the fight had affected him, the traveler felt like a part of him had died. He felt so childish and dumb for letting the Yaksha see him like this, he was feeling so pathetic.

"She's gone...she's gone..." he sobbed.

"Shh..." Xiao put his arms around the traveler and pulled him close. The tears just kept pouring on the Adeptuses clothes but he couldn't care less. He felt strong pain coming from the boy's soul as he sobbed. "She had been manipulated by the darkness, there was nothing you could've done. She dosen't deserve somebody like you in her life. Her now being gone will change your life for the better eventually, I promise you. Crying over her will only make everything worse, I understand how you feel. You probably feel alone, both her and your best friend aren't currently avaliable. But I want you to know I'm here for you." Said the Adeptus as the sobs eventually started to quiet down.

Aether sighed.

"What would I do without you..." he hugged his companion tighter as he managed to calm down a little. "...It will take a long time until I forget about Lumine...I don't understand what's up with the sudden crying I'm sor-"