Unfinished journey |

The Abyss Lector was standing right infront of them with the unknown elememt glowing through his robotic body, Aether knew he was going to attack any moment. What feared him the most was what kind of strength such corrupted creature could have. It wasn't the comment he made about his sister that triggered him, it was that strange element.

"Aether, do you think it's possible that your sister..."

"Silence! I do not wish to chat with the two of you, All I'd like is a chance in combat." Yelled the tall creature.

The traveler was confident in his abilities to harm this thing, he wasn't planning to murder it though, all he needed was answers on certain questions. Simply killing him would just leave the two of them puzzled.

The abyss lector pulled out a huge claymore that seemed to be made out of the same material that was flowing through his body, the man was blinding Paimon and the blonde boy from how much it was shining. It didn't seem like any ordinary claymore, or one from the ancient wars. It was something they've never seen before, even after going on so many adventures.

Without wasting any time the man that stood before them charged forward with his weapon, as soon as it touched the sword of the traveler, he immediately noticed that this wasn't any ordinary Abyss lector. He barely managed to block it as he jumped back, getting a terrefied and puzzled look on his face. The tall creature simply laughed at how weak the boy was.

Aether infused Electro with Hydro through his sword to be able to electrocute the thing standing infront of him, but as soon as it attacked again only then was it that the traveler noticed that this guy might be stronger than anything he had ever fought before. It didn't react to the elemental reaction at all, no matter how many different reactions he tried to use on the abyss lector, none of them worked.

Throughout the entire elemental reaction testing the traveler had noticed how the creature was toying with him, it didn't try attacking him at all, the abyss lector blocked all of the attacks and grinned whenever the blonde boy tried doing some damage to him.

'Something isn't right...why is he immune to every single element. Could it be connected to that light...?' Thought Aether to himself.

Paimon was watching the fight with her hands covering one of her eyes, she might have seen her friend get hurt a couple of times during their journey but seeing him constantly get hurt even after finishing it made her feel guilty for never being able to fight with him, ever since their journey to find Lumine had ended the floating fairy promised to herself that she will never let herself see the traveler get hurt ever again. But there he was challenging an obviously stronger opponent than himself.

The blonde boy backed away after the creature had blocked all his normally effective attacks. He was already breathing heavily which Paimon immediately noticed, she had never seen her friend get so worked up over a fight before. His head was turning red, he dropped his sword and fell to his knees.

"I haven't even started and you're already on your knees? THIS is the almighty traveler that I was told I would fear? Truly pathetic."

"Hey! Don't talk to him that way! Aether what's wrong!? You aren't normally this weak! Did this guy poison you!?" Yelled the floating fairy at the Abyss lector as he made fun of her friend who was getting worse every second that passed by. She made sure to stay away from the fight as much as she could, if she got hurt too then nobody would be able to get the traveler some medical help. After all they were in the middle of nowhere between Liyue and Sumeru borders.

He tried getting back up and successfully succeeded but just barely, his legs were shaking and so was the sword that he was holding very tightly. The abyss lector dropped his claymore to the ground and smirked.