Prologue

Mia's Pov:

I never felt like I belonged, not in this house, not in this family and most certainly not in this world. It all just seemed to get worse once mom and dad died, they died in a plane crash a few weeks before Christmas. Let's just say I spent most of that next year in silence and feeling alone.

I had my older brother Jonah but after mom and dads death he kind of spiraled. It's not like he did it every night or anything it's just that when he did, he'd treat me like complete shit. His words were always targeted at me, and they hurt.

I know my brother loves me, I'm not doubting that it just hurt to see him hurt. I believed all the things he would spew at me. The next morning he'd always apologize and hold me crying about how sorry he was.

That was around 2 years ago, he's stopped with the drinking since then, he's the only person I have now besides Elliot but that's a different story.

Jonah isn't fond of Elliot, no one is really, I don't blame them he's a shitty boyfriend, but I love him and he's been with me since my parents died. Many people have told me to leave him, that I shouldn't let him treat me this way. It's easier said than done. They only hear the words, they don't see the marks and bruises.

Elliot started hitting me around a year into our relationship. One night we were out with his friends and he was being a dick the entire night, once we got back to him house he started accusing me of liking one of his friends, he called me horrible names and did horrible things to me. Iv gotten familiar with the pain now. It still scares me sometimes but I always know when it's coming, even for the littlest things.

Elliot just recently allowed me to get a job at this cafe iv wanted to work in since sophomore year of high school. I'm now going into senior year and I have an interview with the boss tomorrow afternoon and I'm excited to see where this takes me.

This has been something iv dreamed of doing before college, having a job in a cafe, but it being this particular cafe makes me crazy happy. My parents met in this cafe when the were teenagers, they even had their first date in this cafe. I always dreamed of meeting my future husband there but I'm with Elliot and I love him, I guess not all dreams come true but at lease I'll be able to work in the cafe. 

I just hope I get this and can keep it for myself this time.
———————————————
🤍🤍
This was just a little peak into Mia's life from the time her parents died to the present.

I hope u guys enjoyed this little chapter, I'll make sure to try and make other chapters longer.

Leave any questions or if you have any tips for me in the comments. Thank you for reading 📚