Chapter 32: Mind

Aidens pov:

I can't think

I can't breathe

I can't move.

I miss her. Everything about her.

It's been three days, three days since iv saw her.

I know she hates me. Iv tried to call her, iv tried to go to her house but she won't talk to me. Jonah won't even let me in the house.

Iv been at Reggie's. I told him what really happen and he was on the verge of tears. I wish I could explain to her. She needs to know I'd never do this to her.

I love her. I am so in love with her it feels like my whole world is crashing down when she's not with me.

I can't fucking breathe.

I need to see her, I will no matter what it takes.
————————-

Mias pov:

I haven't moved from my bed in three days. I physically can't. I feel so sick.

I thought he was different. He promised.

I should have known, I'm not lovable.

Elliot always told me I wasn't, Aiden tried to prove to me I was. He promised I was.

He lied.

My mind has been filled with the image of them. It hasn't left my head one time.

Jonah and Rylee have been coming to check on me. They come in here everyday. I don't respond to them.

I can't. It hurts so bad I feel like if I open my mouth I'll just break. I don't want to break.

He keeps calling me. Texting me, begging me to talk. I don't want to see him. I want to hate him, and for some fucking reason my mind won't let me hate him. All I want to do is see him, for this to be a dream.

A knock at the door makes my body freeze up. Everyday he comes at the same time and knocks.

Jonah always tells him off but today he's not here. It's just me.

I could just not open the door, but I want too. As much as I hate to admit this I want to see him. Just one more time.

I slowly get out of the bed a mosey down the stairs. My hand hesitates to grab the handle but I do anyways.

I twist it and see him standing there. His face takes on a shocked look, probably expecting Jonah to be standing here. The shock quickly turns to guilt and hurt as he looks at my appearance.

My eyes are red and swollen, my hairs probably a mess and I'm probably sick looking because I haven't ate for days. I can't. It makes me sick.

I look away from his face and bite the inside of my cheek.

"What" I say coldly. The image. The image won't go away.

"I...wanted to see you. I need to talk please" he says softly. So soft it almost makes me agree.

"There's nothing to talk about Aiden. You did what you did, it's over now" I tell him in a nonchalant tone, shrugging my shoulders like I don't care, even though my entire insides are aching.

His face contorts in pain and tears start to pour down his face.

Please stop crying, don't do this please.

"I understand if that's how you feel, but there's more to the story Mia. Please just listen to me, I'm begging you let me explain." His voice trembles and he steps towards me, his sweet scent invading my nose.

He grabs my hands and brings them to his lips.

"Please Mia, talk to me" he whispers as he presses kisses to the palm of my hand. I can feel the tears starting to stream down my face. I melt into his touch for a minute, letting him pull me closer to him. His arms wrap around me an my body relaxes against his. This feels good. I almost forget what he did, before the image flashes in my head.

"No" I pull away from him. "No get out" I say calmly. I can't do this. He's a liar, I can't believe anything he says.

"Please! I can't breathe with out you Mia. You're all I have, please just listen to me" he's begging me, but I can't get the damn image of them out of my head.

It's invading my mind.

"Aiden please just leave" I say harshly stepping away from him.

"I'd never do something like this to you! You have to believe me! Please believe me Mia. I love you so much, you're my everything" he's gripping his hair with his hands and letting out heart wrenching sobs.

It's breaking my heart but I saw him. I saw him with my own eyes with her. He wasn't stopping her, he was letting her do it.

"I saw you. I watched you with her. You didn't stop her, so get the hell out! I don't want to hear anymore of your lies. I hate you! I hate you!" I scream at him. I'm lying but I just need him to leave before I break in front of him.

"I k-know, I know you do but ple-" he's interrupted when Jonah walks into the house.

"What are you doing here? You need to leave Aiden." He tells him harshly. I told Jonah what I saw and to say he was mad is a understatement.

"Please" Aiden whispers to me softly. My heart stops beating. It's completely dead.

I shake my head and walk up the stairs. He lets out loud sobs as he leans his forehead against the front door.

"I'm sorry, tell her I'm so sorry. I l-love her, i really really do." He tells Jonah.

I make it to my room and slam the door. I pull the comforter over my face and cry into it. Why can't he just leave me alone. There's no fixing this!

My door opens slowly and Jonah walks in and sits next to me. "Mia" he says softly.

"No, no don't say anything. Please just leave me alone." My voice is broken and muffled from being shoved into the blanket.

"You should eat something." He tells me. I shake my head and he sighs. "I have to leave for a few weeks, it's a work thing, will you be okay?" He asks me worried. I nod my head and he gets up and leaves the room.

I wish this was a dream. A stupid nightmare.

I want him to hold me, I want to kiss him.

————————————-
🤍🤍
Oh my heart💔
The truth will come out soon! I promise!

Time for more sad news..there is about 13 more chapters left until this book is finished!! I will post bonus chapters too, they shall live on!!

See you in two days🫢

A vote is appreciated🤍

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed📚