Chapter 5: Lying

Aidens Pov:

A week it's been a week since I last seen or spoke to her. Iv sent multiple messages trying to get her to tell me what iv done wrong. She only reads them, never replies.

I could've went to the cafe to see her but but I didn't want to ruin a change of her ever telling me what the hell I did. Ever since that night I keep replaying everything we did. To when we were in the parking lot, to the car, to the cafe. All of it. I can't figure out what I did.

I should go to the cafe. I need to see her, it's driving me crazy. I don't want to push her to talk to me but I don't understand.

Walking into the cafe my nerves are through the roof. There she is standing behind the counter with her beautiful blond hair pulled back into a low ponytail, she has a few pieces framing her face, but her eyes, she looks so upset. Is it because of what I did? Is she upset because of me?

She doesn't notice me a first but when she sees me walking up to the counter her eyes light up but it quickly disappears. "Hey" I breathe out. She doesn't make eye contact with me.

"What can I get for you" she lightly smiles, she's still not looking at me. Seriously? That's it?

"Mia look at me" I beg her quietly. She looks up at me with her beautiful green eyes.

"Aiden I told you I don't want to see you anymore." She says annoyed, I see through it though, she's lying. Why is she lying?

"You're lying to me Mia, why won't you just talk to me, I'm here so please talk to me" I explain softly. I need her to understand.

She lets out a breath before she speaks. "Aiden just go." She said quietly. I let out a long breath before saying something that may ruin this all.

"Listen Mia, I know we just met but you drive me fucking crazy. Everything about you. I can't stop thinking about you, And your laugh. I want to know you, everything about you. Please just talk to me, tell me what I did. Tell me how to fix it so I can be your friend." I didn't take my eyes off hers the entire time I was saying this. She didn't move her eyes from mine either. She looks back and forth between my eyes before rounding the counter.

"I'm sorry Aiden, I shouldn't have ignored you. You didn't do anything wrong i promise." She wraps her arms around my torso and I immediately wrap my arms around her. This is the best feeling. "I get off in an hour, wanna do something?" She looks at me with a smile waiting for my answer.

"Of course, I'll think of some things we can go do while I wait." I smile down at her. I want to kiss her. I know I can't, she has a boyfriend and we just met. It's to soon, but I want to so bad. Instead I just lean down and kiss her forehead, her breath hitches and I smile against her skin knowing I have an effect on her. Hesitantly I pull away and go sit down at a table to look at some things we can do after her shift.

There's only one thing that catches my attention.
----------

Mia's Pov:

After I finish my shift I walk over to Aiden who sitting at a table. He kissed my forehead, and I liked it a lot. It sent shivers through try entire body. I can't fall for him, it'll make things complicated. I'm with Elliot I have to stay loyal to Elliot. But Aiden is so much more to me a friend, I know he is but I can't have that. I have to make sure we stay just friends.

"Hey angel you ready?" He holds out his hand for me to take and I do. He hasn't told me here we're going yet. Once we get into the car my mind starts going wild.

"Where are we going?" I ask him suspiciously.
"It's a surprise"

"I hate surprises"

"You're gonna love mine" he drawls out the last word and I laugh. He hands me his phone so I can play music. I start with my favorite song by James Arthur, "Cars outside" Aiden seems to like this choice since he starts trying to dance in his seat while he's singing along, making me laugh.