Chapter 24: Leaving

Warning: Mature content.

Mia's pov:

It's been a week since we left the beach house. Aidens been staying at his house because his parents are getting angry at him for being with me all the time.

I haven't seen him going on 2 days now. My chest feels heavy knowing he's over there being treated like shit. I can't even do anything about it and that's the worst part. I'm brought out of my thoughts when my starts ringing.

I answer it and his soothing voice meets my ears.

"Hey gorgeous" his voice brings a smile to my face.

"Hey" I answer softly

"How are you doing?" He asks me, concern lacing his tone.

"Im okay. I miss you" I tell him.

"I know baby. Im going to try to come see you later. It's just hard to leave when they're here" his tone breaks my heart. I hate that he can't even find peace in his own home.

"I know" I say in a sad tone.

"Please don't be upset angel. It's going to be okay. I'll come soon I promise" he says sounding apologetic. It's not his fault. He shouldn't feel like he has to be sorry.

"Mhm. I love you" my voice cracking in the middle of my sentence. My eyes start to burn with unshed tears.

"I love you too baby. I'll see you later okay?"

"Okay" I agree before hanging up.

As soon as the line cuts off my tears start to fall. I wish he was here with me. Laying right here in my bed.

I go downstairs and sit next to Jonah on the couch.

"J can I ask you something?" I ask turning to face him. He pauses his movie and looks over at me.

"Sure"

How do I go about this. I don't want to just say it.

"Can Aiden live with us?" I blurt. Great way to do it Mia. Just say it. Note the sarcasm. I watch as his eye brows furrow and he goes into thought. A few minutes pass before he speaks.

"I mean I don't mind. Just don't like be making babies and shit where I can walk in and see" he says with a disgusted tone.

"Oh gross. Shut up" I laugh slapping his arm causing him to laugh too.

"Thanks J. This means a lot to me" I say truthfully. He leans up and wraps me in a hug.

"Anything for you lil sis" he says pressing a small kiss to the top of my head.

I go back up to my room and think about how to ask Aiden to come live with us. I don't want him in that house anymore. With those people. Those people that hurt him.

After a while of me thinking I decide I'll just go for it.

As I'm cleaning off my desk my door opens and Aiden walks in with a little smile on his face. Oh his beautiful face. Bruises cover his face and he looks so sad. My eyes fill with tears as he takes me into his arms. He hugs me so tight, running his hands all over my backside. He breathes me in and lets out a sigh.