Chapter 40: Tests

Aidens pov:

I'm worried about her.

She's been acting so weird, I don't know if it's because of what's going on or something else. She won't talk to me.

I know this shit is hurting her, I hate seeing her suffer because of me. I want her to talk to me.

Iv tried everything, she just won't.

Since that night at the bridge she's been more alert. She's not sleeping much and I'm blaming myself. I scared her and now she thinks I'll try to do it again.

Iv tried to get her to understand that it was a mistake and I would never do it again, she just tells me she's sleeping fine and she's not worrying about it.

I know she's lying because every time I wake up she's lying next to me half asleep, forcing her eyes to stay open.

She's at work right now, it's just me and Jonah in the house and I'm stuck in the bed.

My body hurts, I try to hide it from Mia but I know she can see it.

Every time I move it aches.

I need some pain killers.

I slowly get out of the bed and make my way to the bathroom. I open the medicine cabinet and scan through the medicine, looking for some ibuprofen or some pain killers.

My eyes stop on a pink and white plastic strip.

A pregnancy test?

I pick it up and look at it.

2 lines. 2 lines means positive.

A positive pregnancy test?

Is this Mias? It has to be she's the only girl in the house. Is this why she's been acting so strange?

Why didn't she tell me. I'm so confused, why did she keep this from me. How long has she been keeping this from me?

What the fuck.

I take it with me back to the room.

I decide to text her.

Me: we should talk when you get home. Her reply comes instantly.

Angel: ofc, is everything okay?

Me: yeah.

I should have added more context but I'm just so confused.

I don't know if I should be pissed or happy. She kept this from me for I don't even know how long, but she's pregnant. We're going to have a baby.

Oh fuck.

What if I don't make it? I won't even be here long enough to see her pregnant, to see her belly hold our child.

I'm dying.

I know this, it's just so difficult to know I'm leaving her. And now she's carrying out baby, she's going to have to do it alone. Without me.

Tears stream down my face, I can't believe this is happening. This is real.

A knock on the door brings me out of my head. I wipe the tears and shove the test under a pillow before telling them to come in.

"Hey, don't mean to bother you I just wanted to know if you wanted some food? I was gonna order something" Jonah says, walking further into the room.

"N-no, I'm good" My voice comes out shaky and I clear my throat.

"You alright? You look a bit pale." He asks me, concern lacing his tone.