Chapter 1: Interview

Unfortunately wattpad deleted parts of my story. I unpublished all chapters untill i was able to get the others back. i apologize if you have lost your place in the story but nothing in the already published chapters were changed. Everything has remained the same.

Warning: Mild abuse/ mentions of abuse.⚠️

Mia's Pov:

I'm so freaking out right now. They're not going to want me, I'm useless and they don't need a useless girl working for them. Just as I'm about to back down and not go to the cafe Jonah barges in my room with a determined look on his face.

"Calm down lil sis you're gonna do amazing there's nothing to be worried about" Jonah laughs out. Easy for him to say he never fails at anything. Me on the other hand, the only thing I'm good at is making a fool out of myself.

"Says you J? I'm gonna go in here looking like a mess and they're gonna think I'm a lost cause!" I'm so nervously frustrated right now. My interview is in 30 minutes and I'm freaking out, Jonah's trying to help but he's not succeeding. Elliot was suppose to be here 10 minutes ago and he's not answering the phone. I knew he was going to pull this shit, he never wanted me to get the job in the first place.

"You'll be fine Mia, I promise, you're a good person and that's what they need, if you go in there being yourself they'll want you. I promise you." Jonah says softly from in front of me. "Where is that boyfriend of yours anyway? Wasn't he suppose to be here already?" Jonah asks with an irritated tone, just as i'm going to respond Elliot honks his horn from outside. I give Jonah an uneasy smile and head out the door.

The closer I get to his car the more nervous I get, I don't even know if it's because of the interview anymore. Im scared he's going to talk me down before I go in there. I try to push the negative thoughts away as I get in the car.

"Hey babe." Elliot boringly says as he leans over the console to give me a quick peck. I don't say anything back, I just give him a little smile. The ride to the cafe felt like it was taking forever, probably just my nerves. Once we pull up I say bye to Elliot and go to leave the car but he grips my arm, hard, and pulls me back inside.

"If I find out your doing anything other than working in there I will make you quit and I will show you to never pull some shit like that again, understood?" He demands with this terrifying look in his eyes. All I can do is mutter a reply.

"I...I understand." I choke out. All he does is laugh and then let's go of me, I slowly get out of the car not wanting to anger him any further. Once I start walking to the door he drives off without another word. I should be upset about the way he threatened me but I'm to focused on getting this job. I just have to keep telling myself Elliot loves me, he does this because he loves me and wants to make sure I'm not messing around. I push the thoughts away and focus on why I'm here.

When I open the doors I'm met with the amazing scent of coffee and donuts. God this place is beautiful. There are many chairs and tables at least 3 feet apart on each side of the cafe, the employees stand is right in the corner of the room leading back to what I'm assuming is the kitchen and stuff. There are plants lined up against the windows and beautiful lights hanging from the ceiling. This looks like something you'd see in your dreams.

"Hello ma'am, may I help you?" A voice jolts me out of my thoughts. It's a young girl who looks to be around my age, she's got her bring red hair pulled back in a bun with a few hairs framing her face, covering her eyes, she also has a dark blue apron wrapped around her waist.

"Yes, sorry I'm here for a interview with Julia." I explain, the girl smiles at me and tells me to follow her. She walks me back to an office looking room where she tells me Julia will be right in. Once I'm left alone again my nerves start to come back and my hands are sweaty. I keep telling myself it'll be fine.

"Breathe Mia, you're overthinking this." I mumble to myself. I'm brought back to reality when the door opens and a beautiful middle aged women walks in.

She has beautiful brown hair that comes down just past her shoulders and she wearing a long purple dress that hugs her body.

"Hello you must be Mia, I'm Julia I'll be asking you a few questions." She explains with a smile. I return the smile and tell her I'm ready when she's ready.

"Okay first things first, how old are you?"

"I'm 18 Ms." I reply with a smile. Julia gives me the brightest smile and counties with her questions.
——
"You can start tomorrow, we'll have everything ready for you to start training."  Julia explains.

"Thank you so much, I won't let you down."

"I don't doubt you will Mia, you're an incredible young lady. Rylee here will be training you for the next few days until you get the hang of things." Julia points to the girl who I met earlier today.

"It's nice to meet you Mia, I have a feeling we can be great friends" Rylee excitedly says. I just give her a big smile and nod my head. They all seem like really great people to work with and I'm glad this job is giving me the opportunity to make friends.

Iv been waiting for Elliot outside the cafe for 40 minutes. He's not answering his phone again and it's starting to get dark. I decided to just call Jonah and ask him to come get me.

After we get home I go up to my bathroom to take a shower. As I'm undressing I see a bruise forming on my forearm from where Elliot grabbed me earlier. It's nothing new, just another thing I have to worry about covering up. I finish getting undressed and stare at my self in the mirror.

I hate what he's done to me, scars all up and down my stomach, bruises on my arms and thighs from where's he's forced himself on me. It makes me feel ugly.

I force myself to get into the shower and wash all the thoughts away. Once I'm finished I go to my room to finally sleep.

I fall asleep knowing tomorrow I'll start work and maybe get some peace out of it, but not getting my hopes up because I also have to face Elliot tomorrow after he left me standing outside and I know things will get bad.

————————-
🤍🤍

The first chapter!! I really am not confident in this but I hope further into the book things will be better.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter, let me know in the comments.
Thank you for reading 📚