Chapter 11: Nightmare

Warning: mentions of sexual assault⚠️

Aidens pov:

I wake up to the sound of Mia whimpering. I sit up and look over at her to see her eyebrows furrowed and a pained look on her face.

"No no stop please!" She cries out. She starts slashing in the bed and shouting louder. "Please stop, it hurts!" I try to grab her so she doesn't hurt herself but she keeps slashing around.

"Mia, baby wake up." I say loud enough for her to hear. Her eyes shoot open and she sits up in the bed. Her breathing is erratic and she's crying. I gently pull her on my lap and stroke the tears from her cheeks.

"You're okay, it was just a dream. I'm here. You're okay angel." I whisper in her ear. She silently sobs into my chest. After a while she's calmed down and is just laying on my chest.

My heart aches for what she's been through.

Mia slowly looks up at me, I tilt my head down to her and watch as her eyes travel all over my face. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her quietly. I'm not going to force her to tell me about it. She will when she's ready. Mia sits up straighter on my lap and nods her head. I don't say anything, I let her speak when she's ready.

"The night we went to the ice rink. When you brought me home and we almost kissed before Elliot saw us." I nod my head to let her know I'm following. "After you left, he took me inside and started to hit me. He was calling me a whore. He kept saying I was worthless. I didn't fight back. I just let him say those horrible things to me." I slightly squeeze her waist to calm myself down. "He's touched me before when I didn't want it. But he never took it all the way before that night. He took all my clothes off and told me I needed to stay quite. He....he raped me. For hours it felt like, anytime I made a noise he'd slap me. He even wrapped his hands around my throat at one point and squeezed so hard I though I was going to pass out."

The tears rolling down her face break my heart. I want to kill him. I want to squeeze his neck until he turns blue. The images in my head make me see red. How could he do that to her?

Mia starts to sob again and I pull her head to my chest.

"He won't hurt you anymore. We'll get though this angel. I promise. I'll make sure you get everything you've ever wanted." I say this as I gently stroke her hair. Eventually she falls back to sleep. I start to get tired to and adjust myself so we're more comfortable.

I think I'm falling in love with this girl.
----------

Mia's pov:

I wake up feeling a lot better.

I really have to pee though and Aiden is laying with his head on my chest and arms warped around my torso. I try to pry him off of me but he doesn't budge.

"Aiden" I whine slightly punching him. He grunts, I grunt back.

"Go back to sleep" he speaks tiredly.

"I have to pee and you're squishing me!" I explain pushing on his shoulders. He groans and rolls over.

I breathe out a long breath before running to the bathroom. After I finish i wash my hands and start brushing my teeth. In the middle of brushing Aiden walts into the bathroom with a pouty face. He wraps his arms around me from behind and rest his head on my shoulder.