Chapter 33: Forgive me

Warning: mentions of sexual assault⚠️
Mature content😝

Aidens pov:

"Hey" I hear a voice from beside me. I'm sitting in the park across from Reggie's house, thinking about Mia.

I look up and see Rylee standing beside me. I give her a small smile before focusing back down to the ground. She sighs sadly and sits next to me.

"What happened Aiden? How could you do that to her?" She asks me softly. She doesn't sound like she's judging me, she just wants to know why. I trust Rylee, but I know she'll tell Mia if I tell her what happened and maybe that's the best way to get Mia to listen.

I shake my head and look at her, tears forming in my eyes. "I didn't want it, I think the girl put something in my drink. When I first got there she was trying to flirt with me, I told her off and before I did I sat my drink down. She immediately set her eyes on it, at first I didn't think anything of it and I finished the drink off. I started to feel sick and I just wanted to rest, she was watching me the entire time waiting to catch me alone. I went into that room and lied down. She came in after me and started to do shit to me, I tried to tell her to stop but I was so weak, I couldn't talk or move. When I saw Mia run out of that room I found the strength to get her off. I didn't want it I swear I didn't" I let out a cry and Rylee wraps her arms around me. She lets me cry on her shoulder, she tells me that we'll figure out a way to get Mia to listen and everything will be okay.

After a few minutes I pull back and thank her.

"I'm here whenever Aiden, always." She promises me before leaving. I know where she's going and I hope Mia believes her, I hope she talks to me.

When she walks away my phone starts ringing. It's an unknown number but I answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Is this Aiden Becker?" A voice speaks.

"Yes it is, who's this?"

"My names is Claudia, I'm from the Greenville police department, I was calling to inform you that both your parents are in custody." I feel like everything around me is frozen.

"W-what? Why?" I choke out.

"Well they attempted to rob a gas station and they were extremely intoxicated while operating the get away vehicle"

"Wow..." I don't even know what to say.

Should I be relieved? No more getting beat. No more threats from my dad.

"They will be here for awhile but we are obligated to inform the family"

"Y-yeah thank you"

"Have a good day" she ends the call, leaving me speechless.

I sit on the bench for a little longer before I decide I need some sleep.

My chest has been on a non stop roller coaster of pain, sometimes I can feel my heart slow down before regaining its speed. It's not normal and I know what. My days are getting shorter, I only have a few more months left and I haven't heard anything about a new heart.

Mia's the only reason I care, if I lose her for good this shit doesn't even matter.

I go to the guest room I'm staying in and lay on the bed. I fall asleep to the image of her beautiful smile.
--------

I wake up to banging on the front door, I hear Reggie walk down the stairs so I don't get up since he's got it.

I can hear muffled voices as he talks to the person at the door. Eventually the door closes and I hear two sets of foot steps coming up the stairs, probably Rylee.