Chapter 4: Fun

Warning: mentions of abuse⚠️

Mia's Pov:

"I can believe I let you drag me into this." This was a bad idea. I can feel it. Not only because of Elliot but because I know I am going to fall head over heels for this boy and it's going to make shit complicated.

"Aw come on Rives it's going to be fun, I need to get you out of your bubble, live a little." He says slinging his arm around my shoulders. The way he says my last name sends shivers throughout my entire body.

He's taking me to Walmart after closing to take a shopping cart and push each other around in it! What if we get caught or something? What if Elliot finds out and gets angry?
"Aiden, I really don't think I wanna do this." I say desperately. He turns to look at me and cups my face.
"Mia it's okay, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. It's okay I promise." He says softly while running his fingers along the mark on my jaw. My breath hitches when he pulls me into a hug. This feels so nice, no one ever hugs me. "Iv been wanting to do this since the first day I met you." Which was only a week ago. I can't believe I let him drag me to do this after a week! I need to calm down, he's not like Elliot. He's kind. Breath Mia.

I wrap my arm around his torso as his come to wrap around my upper back, the height difference between us makes this easy. "How tall are you" I blurt out. I have no idea why but I just did. Curse you brain.

He laughs and makes me look up at him, with my chin wresting against his chest. "I'm 5'9 angel" he smiles. Angel. I like that. "How about you?" He questions back.
"I'm 5'2" I pout, he laughs. He doesn't say anything back just grabs my hand and drags me to the cart section. "I can't believe I let you do this" I repeat my earlier words.
"Didn't seem to put up much of a fight when I asked"
"I thought It would be different" i explain.
"You think to much Mia, don't think just do alright?" He asks. I nod my head with a still uneasy look but try to get in the cart anyway.

As I'm trying to pull myself in I hit my torso on the side of the cart and let out a yelp. Elliot gave me a few new bruises last night because I didn't want to sleep with him. He kicked and kicked until it was hard to breath.

"Woah you alright" Aidens concerned eyes meet mine, for a moment I think about telling him, but then I know nothing good would come out of it. He's probably stop being friends with me, no one wants to be friends with the girl who lets her boyfriend beat and force himself on her without a fight. It's hard to walk away from him though, he's all I have and he loves me.
"Yeah I'm fine, it just pushed in my stomach a little." I lie, he doesn't look like he buys it. He steps closer and grabs the bottom of my shirt, I know I should stop him but maybe I want him to see.
Aidens eyes show nothing but concern as he silently ask for permission to lift my shirt, I nod but as he begins to uncover the bruises I grab his hands to stop him.

"Stop. I'm okay, it's okay let's just continue with are fun" I slightly smile at him to show him it's okay. He doesn't look happy about just letting it go but he does.

Once I get in the cart Aiden gives me the most adorable smile iv ever seen. "Ready angel" I turn to him and give him a nod and smile. He doesn't hesitate to take off running.

The breeze feels nice on my skin and for a moment I think about what it would be like to be like this with Aiden every night, just me and him. Not having to worry about if Elliot's texting me or if he's angry at me for something. I wish it was easy to leave him, Im just so scared of what he's capable of doing. Maybe with Aiden I can figure something out but I don't know if I want him to know about what Elliot does to me, what will he think of me? Will he think I'm disgusting, or ugly because of all the scars and bruises I have? Will he not want to be my friend anymore?
Im brought out my thoughts when I feel a tear slide down my face, followed by more. Aidens no longer pushing the cart he's standing beside it hunched over with his hand to his chest.