Chapter 16: Heartbreak

Warning: mention of sexual assault⚠️

Mias pov:

Ethan rounds the corner. Tyler flys away from me and I stand frozen staring at Ethan. This looks so bad. He's going to take this the wrong way.

"No it's not what you thi-" I go to explain but he interrupts me.

"It looks to me like you're cheating on Aiden." He glares at me. Nonono.

"No no I'm not, let me expl-" he doesn't let me finish as he walks back to the front. "Ethan! Wait" I scream after him. He's going to tell Aiden what he saw and he won't understand. They're taking this the wrong way.

"I'm sorry man she told me her and Aiden weren't together anymore" Tyler lies looking at me with disgust. Nono this isn't happening.

"He's lying! Why are you lying!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. Ethan grabs his phone and dials Aidens number.

"What's going on?" Rylee asks coming out of the kitchen. She sees the tears streaming down my face and comes closer to me. "What's wrong Mia?"

"I caught her and that bastard making out near the back" Ethan say with disgust dripping from his tone.

This can't be happening! Why is this happening?

"That's not wha-" I try to explain again but I'm cut off when Ethan starts speaking on the phone.

Fuck!
----------

Aidens pov:

I'm laying in my bed at home thinking about how to tell Mia about my condition getting worse. She loves me. She deserves to know. Im brought out of my thoughts when my phone starts ringing.

"Hey man what's up?" I speak into the phone

"Man I'm sorry, but I just caught Mia kissing Tyler in the back of the cafe" my heart drops and my palms get sweaty. What the fuck?

"What? Are you fucking with me?" Please be a fucking joke. My heart feels like it's being torn out of my chest.

"I wish I was man. I'm sorry." I can hear the truth in his voice. I hang up without another word. And go straight for the cafe.

How could she do this to me? Everything that happened earlier. Was it just a lie? She doesn't love me. She wouldn't do this if she loved me.

I'm going to beat his face into the ground. I told him to never fucking touch her. I don't care if she willingly let him do it. I'm going to fucking kill him.

I pull up and go inside the cafe. I search for Ethan first. I see them all standing around next to each other. Mia has tears running down her face and everyone but Rylee has a disgusted look on their face. Tyler is standing next to Mia and Ethan is glaring at them. I walk up to them and Mia makes eye contact with me. Her eyes are pleading at me. She's guilty. She really did it. My heart breaks in my chest and I try to hold back my tears.

"I walked back there and he had her against the wall, they were kissing." Ethan explains quietly. I look back at Mia with a hurt expression.

"Aiden please let me explain" she chokes out through her tears.

"How could you? You told me you loved me earlier. And then you come and do this? Was it all fake?" I say in a hurt tone. She shakes her head at me and tries to grab my hand. I pull back and her eyes fill with more tears.

"I l-love you Aiden, I do I swear I do" she cries out to me. Fuck my chest hurts. I ignore her cries and turn to Tyler who has a smug look on his face.

I launch forward and start to throw punches at him. Ethan tries to pull me off as Mia screams my name. Rylee pulls Mia back and holds her as she sobs. That should be me. I should be holding her. She did this to us. How could she do this. I feel the tears start to flow down my face and I stand up.

I walk out the cafe doors and Mia chases after me.

"Please Aiden, please listen to me" she begs me. I keep walking. "Don't leave me please! I'm sorry, let me explain!" She scream frantically. I turn around to her and god I wish I didn't.

"How could you do this Mia? Why would you do this to me?" I beg her for an answer. I don't hold back my sobs anymore. I let them out, I let her see my heart breaking in my chest.

She shakes her head at me before taking a breath. "I didn't want this, you have to believe me" she sobs again. This is breaking my heart. But she cheated on me. With Tyler. After everything that he said.

"You're a fucking liar! If you didn't want this you wouldn't have kissed him!" I scream out at her. She flinches and I immediately feel bad. I hate raising my voice at her.

"I didn't" she whispers. I shake my head, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

I walk away, leaving her there to cry. I get in my car and start to cry harder. I can't believe this is happening. Fuck! My chest starts to constrict in pain with how hard I'm breathing. And I try to take a few breaths.

Memories from earlier flood my head. Her words felt so real. She said she loved me. Then she kissed him.
--------

I got back home and I'm laying in bed. My chest just stopped hurting but my heart is still aching. I wish this was a dream. A nightmare. And when I wake up she'll be in my arms. Saying she loves me and actually meaning it.

My phone pings with a message. It's from Mia. I don't look at it. Knowing I'll want to respond.

Maybe it was all fake. She just wanted to use me to get over Elliot. Maybe she's liked Tyler from the start. Maybe she's with him right now. My mind makes up a million different scenarios.

I can't sleep. It's so hard to sleep without her in my arms. Without her scent invading all my sense. Without her tiny arms wrapped around my shoulders as she softly snores. Images of her smiling keep popping up in my head.

Please be a dream.
---------

Mias pov:

I text him for the tenth time. He's not even reading them. I need to explain what happened. He needs to know.

My heart is broken. Watching him cry and walk away. He looked like I tore his heart out and stepped on it. His heart broken face keeps flashing through my mind.

My phone pings with a message and I grab it hoping it's Aiden. Instead it's Rylee.

Ry: I'm outside, let me in.

---------
🤍🤍

I apologize.
Things get better though I promise!!!

A vote is appreciated🤍

Leave thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed📚