Chapter 18: Apologies

Warning: mentions of sexual assault⚠️

Aidens pov:

4 hours before going to Mia's:

I'm losing my mind. I pick up the bottle of whiskey, about to take a sip when someone knocks on my car window. I'm sitting in my car outside my house because I'm not in the mood to deal with my parents shit right now. I look over to see Rylee tilting her head down to look through my window. I roll it down.

"What" I demand more than ask. I know I shouldn't be shitty towards her, I have no reason to be. I'm just so hurt. And I miss Mia. I miss her soft skin. And her beautiful laugh. Her forest green eyes. Fuck! I miss everything about her.

"We need to talk" she tells me before rounding the car and sitting in the passenger seat. "Mia didn't cheat on you" she tells me. I scoff and shake my head. How didn't she? She kissed him. Ethan found them. She didn't deny it. All she said was let me explain. Which means she did kiss him and she wanted to plead her case. Why wasn't I good enough? I should have tried harder. I should have did more. Maybe then she wouldn't have felt the need to find someone else.

I take a gulp of the whiskey, enjoying how it burns my throat. I wish I could kiss her. Just one more time. Feel her lips against mine.

"Tyler kissed her. She tried to push him off but he forced himself on her. She told me. I was just at her place. She told me about Elliot. And then she told me what Tyler did." She explains. I stare at her for a second. Wondering if maybe she's lying for Mia. But the look on her face tells me she's telling the truth. My heart stops. Everything stop.

"H-he what?" I choke out. Her eyes start to fill with tears and I can't breathe. Fuck. How did I let this happen? Why didn't I just let her explain? She's never going to want to see me again. I left her when she needed me. He touched her and I didn't care.

My heart beats so fast and my chest starts to burn. I start to cough and wheeze. I need air. I jump out of the car and Rylee comes running to my side. I fall on the ground and continue to cough. God. My chest hurts so bad.

"Aiden you need to breathe. You need to slow your heart down" Rylee tells me dropping next to me. "It's okay. You can go talk to her, she what's to talk to you." Her words lift a weight off my chest. Mia wants to see me. She wants to talk to me.

Once I'm calmed down Rylee leaves and I sit back in my car.

I can't believe I left her. She begged me to let her explain. She begged me and I still walked away. She's never going to forgive me. I believed she would cheat on me. I believed someone else's words over hers. Fuck.

I down half of the whiskey bottle. I shouldn't have but I needed to let loose.
----------

I get out of the car and walk to her house. I was going to drive but I could barley see straight so I decided it's better if i didn't.

I bang on her door and she opens it with a confused look. I stumble inside and she closes the door behind me. My eyes trail her figure. Her eyes are puffy and red. She looks so broken. Because of me.

"Aiden what are you doing." Her soft voice asks me quietly.

"I'm sorry angel. I'm so sorry. I should've let you explain, I shouldn't have just left you like that. I love you angel. I'm so sorry."

I say dropping to my knees in front of her."Rylee told me Tyler forced himself on you. I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry I wasn't there, please forgive me" i beg her desperately, wrapping my arms around her waist.

Please. Please forgive me angel.

"Aiden get off the floor" she says quietly looking down at me. I immediately stand up and cup her face in my hands. Her skin feels so soft. Fuck I missed touching her.

She looks into my eyes and pulls my hands away from her face. Hurt and panic fill my body. She's going to tell me she doesn't want me anymore. This is it. This is when I lose her for good.

"I-I'm sorry, please forgive me" I beg quietly

She lets out a deep breath before looking up at me.

"I forgive you, but I'm not forgetting. I need time before we go back into this. We need to talk about some things. You have to trust me." She says. I let out a sob and wrap my arms around her. Thank god she doesn't hate me. I thought she'd never want to see me again. I hug her to me, trailing my hands around her body. She smells so good and she looks so beautiful.

The alcohol in my body is starting to get to me, she notices and takes me to the couch. She goes to get water and brings it back to me. I chug the whole glass before laying back down. She covers the blanket over me and goes to walk away. "Please don't go" i whisper. I want to hold her, to sleep with her in my arms. She stops walking but doesn't turn around. "Let me hold you, just for tonight. Please." I'm desperate. I want to feel her body against mine.

She turns around and walks towards me. I lift the blanket so she can lay down. I cover us back up and pull her body closer to me. This feels so good. I press my forehead against hers and drag my hand up and down her back. I breathe in her scent. I take note of how her body feel's against me. Fuck. This is the best feeling ever. She brings her hands up to up my face. I melt into her even more. She wipes my tears away.

My hands start to wonder her body making her breathing increase against my mouth. Fuck me! I bring one of my hands up to Mia's throat and gently grip it bringing her closer to me. "Aiden" she whispers against my mouth. I know we should stop. I need to stop.

"Tell me to stop. Tell me and I will" i tell her taking her bottom lip between my teeth. She arches her back, pushing herself into me. She's trying to fucking kill me. That's exactly what's she's trying to do.

"Fuck" i let out a groan after releasing her bottom lip.

"Aiden, you're drunk. We need to stop" she whispers. I don't want to stop. But I know I need to. I close my eyes.

"I know" i breathe against her.

Neither of us pull away. I keeps trailing my hands anywhere I can and she doesn't stop me.

One of my hands go under the back of her shirt and trail up the sexy crease in the middle of her back. A small moan leaves her lips and I can't help but dig my fingers into her back harder.

"I want you so bad" I whisper against her mouth. We're inches away, our lips brushing against one another's and I don't know if I can hold back much longer.

I just want her so bad. Her body, I want to kiss every inch of her beautiful skin.

"We need to stop" she chokes the words out. I just nod my head and remove my hand from her shirt.

We cuddle before I slowly drift off to sleep laying on her.

I'm going to fix this. For her.

----------
🤍🤍
Okay this was basically the last chapter but Aidens pov of things.
I am absolutely loving this!!!

A vote would be appreciated🤍

Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed📚