Chapter 17: Listening

Warning: mentions of sexual assault and abuse⚠️

Mias pov:

Ry: I'm outside, let me in.

I run down the stairs and open the door. Rylee immediately takes in my puffy eyes and wet face. She pulls me into a hug and instantly start to sob in her chest.

She drags me to the couch and we sit down.

"I know you didn't cheat on Aiden, you wouldn't do that to him." She says softly. "So tell me what really happened" she grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

I trust Rylee. She's my best friend. I trust her enough to tell her about this. About Elliot. About what Tyler did to me. "Julia fired him" Rylee tells me after a moment in silence. "Said that was the second time he got in a physical altercation on the job. And she told him he was fired" a light smile takes on my face knowing I won't have to deal with him anymore, but it quickly vanishes when I remember why he got in the fight in the first place. Rylee tells me i can tell her whenever I'm ready and we sit in silence for a few more minutes.

"Elliot use to hit me." I say quietly looking down at my lap. Rylee turns towards me to show me she's listening. "For years he would beat me, call me horrible names, accuse me of horrible things." I pause and take a deep breath before continuing. "He would touch me when I didn't want him to. He never took it all the way. But one night he caught me and Aiden on my porch. After Aiden left he brought me in here and raped me. Anytime I screamed, or made a noise to show I was in pain, he'd hit me and spit more words at me." I look up to see tears running down Rylees face. I hold back my sob and continue.

"Aiden saved me" I whispered. "I would never cheat on him. It's all a misunderstanding. Tyler cornered me. I didn't kiss him, he was trying to kiss me when Ethan walked back there. I understand how Ethan could think what he did. But he's wrong. I didn't want it, Tyler was forcing me. I kept freezing up because I kept getting flashbacks of when Elliot was touching me." Rylee pulls me to her and hugs me close. I cry in her chest. "I tried. I tried to tell Aiden but he wouldn't listen to me. He wouldn't let me explain" I tell her.

She holds me while I cry. She cries too, telling me she's here and she's sorry this happened to me. After awhile she tells me she has to go and she'll come see me again soon. We say our goodbyes and I go to sit back on the couch.

My eyes start to get heavy and I fall asleep.
--------

I'm woken up by a banging on the front door. It's been at least 5 hours since I fell asleep. I look through the peep whole and see Aiden standing there. I swing the door open and he looks down at me. His eyes trail all over my body. He stumbles forward and I move out of the way. He's drunk.

"Aiden what are you doing." I ask him quietly.

"I'm sorry angel. I'm so sorry. I should've let you explain, I shouldn't have just left you like that. I love you angel. I'm so sorry." He says dropping to his knees in front of me. What the hell? "Rylee told me Tyler forced himself on you. I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry I wasn't there, please forgive me" he begs, wrapping his arms around my waist. She told him?

"Aiden get off the floor" I say quietly. He immediately stands up and cups my face in his hands. I love him. And I know it's not his fault, he didn't know. But I can't just forget it. I can't just let him back in. We need to talk about things first. He needs to trust me.

I look into his teary eyes and pull his hands away from my face. Hurt and panic fill his eyes. "I forgive you, but I'm not forgetting. I need time before we go back into this. We need to talk about some things. You have to trust me." I tell him. He lets out a sob and wraps me in a hug. I let him hug me. I let his hands trail my body. He smells so good. But he's drunk.

I lay him on the couch and get him water. He chugs the whole glass before laying back down. I cover the blanket over him and go to walk away. "Please don't go" he whispers. I stop walking but don't turn around. "Let me hold you, just for tonight. Please." He's begging me. A tear falls down my cheek. Letting him hold me won't hurt anyone.

I turn around and walk towards him. He lifts the blanket for me to climb in. He covers us back up and pulls me closer to him. He presses his forehead against mine and drags his hand up and down my back, my eyes close. This feels so good. I bring my hands up to his face and wipe his tears.

His hands start wandering more making me breathe harder against his mouth. No we're not supposed to be doing this. But it feels so good. Aiden brings one of his hands up to my throat and gently grips it bringing me closer to him. "Aiden" I whisper against his mouth. We need to stop. He needs to stop.

"Tell me to stop. Tell me and I will" he says taking my bottom lip between his teeth. I arch my back, pushing myself into him.

"Fuck" he groans after releasing my lip.

"Aiden, you're drunk. We need to stop" I tell him. I really don't want him to stop but I know he should.

"I know" he breathes.

Neither of us pull away. He keeps trailing his hands everywhere he can and I let him.

One of his hands go under the back of my shirt and trail up the crease in the middle of my back. A small moan leaves my mouth and he digs his fingers into my back harder.

"I want you so bad" he whispers against my mouth. His words send a shiver through my body.

We're inches away, our lips brushing against one another's and I can feel my control fading.

We can't do this. We need to talk first.

"We need to stop" I force the words out of my mouth. He nods his head and brings his hand out from my shirt.

We force ourselves to stop and he falls asleep with his head in the crook of my neck.

We can talk tomorrow. Figure things out and go back to normal.

------------
🤍🤍
More of a short chapter. Next chapter will be Aidens pov of finding out. Be ready!!!

A vote is appreciated🤍

Leave thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed📚