Chapter 43: Living

Aidens pov:

The doctor rushes towards us as Mia falls back onto the bed, her eyes closed.

Panic fills my body as I hear Rylee gasp from beside us.

"Whats happening? What's wrong with her?" I yell out panicked. Reggie comes to my side and tells me I need to calm down.

"She's alright, she just fainted. She'll be alright just let her rest for a few moments." The doctor explains to me softly. I breathe out a sigh of relief and lay next to her.

"It won't hurt her or the baby?" I ask him. I'm not sure if fainting can hurt her, I want to make sure her and our baby are safe.

The doctor smiles at me and shakes his head "No it won't hurt her or the baby, they'll be alright." He tells me again.

I push her beautiful hair out of her face and lean closer to her.

"What about the heart? When can he have the transplant?" I hear Reggie ask.

"We need to prepare everything, then tomorrow morning we can do the transplant" he explains, telling me not to eat or drink anything else until after surgery.

He tells me he'll come back in a few hours to do some more test before the morning.

I just lay next to my beautiful angel and wait for her to wake up.

Reggie and Rylee eventually say they're gonna head home. They leave and I'm left in the silence with her again.

I'm gonna live. I'm gonna get to see our baby, raise our baby with her.

I'll be living.

We can get married, have our future together. Have our family. That's all I ever wanted with her.

A family. A future.

Now I can, because I'll be living.

After a while of just laying there I grow tired, I let the sleep take over as I have her in my arms.

I cuddle closer to her and slowly fall asleep.
----------

I wake up to the feeling of my hair being pushed back from my face. I slowly open my eyes to be met with her beautiful green ones. Her eyes that I love so damn much.

My chest feels lighter now that she's awake. I show her a small smile and tears gather in her eyes.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Why are you crying angel?" I whisper to her softly. My hands come up to cup the sides of her neck and she sniffles.

"We got a heart" she cries, a big heart melting smile taking over her face. I mirror her smile and nod my head, letting out a quite laugh.

"Yes we do, we got a heart" I repeat her words, smashing my lips to hers. We got a heart

"I'm never leaving you or our precious baby. Forever angel" I whisper against her lips.

I pull back and press small kisses all over her face. Her forehead, her cheeks, her nose, her eyes, and her soft delicate lips. She lets out quite giggles that make my insides weld up in happiness.

She's the best thing to ever happen to me. And now we're on the way to having our own family.

Our family.
----------

Mias pov:

"I love you so much, I'll see you in a few hours. I promise." He whispers against my lips.

It's time for his surgery and I'm terrified. My worst fear is him not coming back through those doors.

Tears are running down my face, dripping off my chin and onto his hospital gown. He's doing his best to wipe them away but they just flow right back.