290

"Elahah?"

"Aren't you seeing this side too late?"

Elahah, who looked exactly like Elohim, had a sullen face as usual and criticized me.

"How am I supposed to... uwah!"

As Elahah waved his hand, the swarm of lights that had lifted me suddenly disappeared. Floating about 30 cm in the air, I fell onto a soft sofa.

Elahah picked up Cheon Sa-yeon's book, which fell to the floor.

"What is that light just now?"

"My ability to stop the rate at which your energy is diminishing even a little."

Elahah put the book on the table next to him and crossed his arms. Sarak, the sound of a soft cloth being scraped was heard.

"While your soul is reading a book, your body also has to endure the blow that the soul has left, which consumes a lot of energy. That's why I temporarily stopped time in your body with my own ability."

I couldn't believe my body's time was stopped. So, even though I woke up after reading a book for a few days, I didn't feel uncomfortable?

"How much time has passed since I read the book?"

"Eight days have passed. It's the eighth night, to be exact."

I checked the clock on the table. So it's 9 o'clock at night now.

"I thought it would be longer than four days... Eight days is too long."

"It can't be helped because the amount of time you spend watching it increases depending on how much you immerse yourself in the records in the book."

I sighed, sweeping the nape of my neck.

I explained that it was four days, but it actually took twice as long... Everyone must have been worried. I felt sorry.

Elahah, who sat next to me and looked at me quietly, smiled strangely.

"I have seen with my own eyes what happened to you while you were reading the book, but... it's a new feeling to see you like this."

"Pardon?"

"You've grown up."

Suddenly? I couldn't understand what he meant, but as I blinked, Elahah continued.

"I'm proud that you know there are people waiting for you and caring for you."

"Ah."

It was then that I remembered that Elahah had cared about my indifferent tendencies since I was living in the temple. Laughing awkwardly, I recalled the Little Prince book as Elahah rose from his seat.

"Ask El after this. It's somewhere in this house. I have to go back."

"Already?"

"Originally, I was going to go when you woke up."

He created an oval-shaped passage in an instant. Just before entering the aisle, Elahah looked at me and said goodbye.

"Good ending."

"......"

With those words, Elahah left without any regrets.

I got up and looked at the red book on the table. In the darkened room, I tapped the cover of the book, which was lit by the yellow stand light, with my fingertips.

'This was the last time.'

Like the end of the world, Cheon Sa-yeon was in a state of reaching his limit. If we failed this time, not only the world but...