353

Samael made me kneel down and took out something from the inside pocket of his suit jacket. It was a test tube containing bright red liquid.

Samael waved it in front of me a couple of times as if to show it off and said.

"You had probably expected it anyway, so to keep the explanation simple, this contains her blood."

Every time the bottle was shaken, the red liquid inside sparkled with a strange light. An ominous feeling came over me.

"How far can you exactly go?"

Samael's hand, which was clutching the back of my head, gained strength again. I forced my head up, trying not to frown despite the tingling pain.

"Hold out your hand."

It was a friendly voice, as if he was giving me a gift. I obediently raised my hand and he handed me the test tube.

"Drink it. Everything, to the very last drop."

"......."

"Then I'll hand over all those jewels."

A cold sensation radiated from the test tube held in my hand. The cold autumn wind blowing behind me gave me a chill.

The bright red color, as if it had been extracted from human blood, gave me goosebumps. When the moment came when I had to drink a liquid that clearly had harmful effects, my mind became cold.

'If I drink this, how much will it be of help in my current situation?'

If Samael really handed over the movement item, I could drink this liquid again and again. Because I am confident that this liquid is not a poison that will kill me as soon as I drink it.

If they were going to kill me so easily, they wouldn't have to go through all this trouble. There must be a reason why so much effort was put into installing movement items at each gate and conducting such raids. So I wasn't scared of this liquid in my hand right now.

But... I'm scared of what will happen after I drank this. I couldn't even imagine what would happen. It couldn't naively believe that Samael would hand over the movement items as per our agreement.

So I opened my mouth to get a little more information that would lead me to guess what their plan was.

"Why me?"

Samael, who was happily waiting to see when I would drink the liquid, tilted his head slightly upon hearing the question.

"Do you expect me to answer that?"

"I think you can answer these questions to your deal partner."

"I don't know... It's not a very attractive offer."

"Let me know. I will drink the liquid you gave me without resisting."

"Hmm."

Since we were at a disadvantage, the only option was to drink the liquid, but I deliberately forced myself to smiled cheekily.

In the meantime, my heart was pounding uneasily because I had no idea how this crazy guy in front of me would react to my unreasonable words.

"Well, I like it."

Somehow Samael accepted my words without any sign of displeasure. Samael's hand let go of my hair and this time grabbed my chin.

"What was the question? Ah, did you ask why it was you?"

He gently stroked the corner of my mouth with his thumb. Then he glanced at Azazel standing next to him.

Azazel spoke with her mouth exposed under the mask covering her eyes twisted in annoyance.