322

Min Ah-rin, who was staring at Abel with a complicated expression behind me, opened her mouth in a gloomy voice.

"Even though she know we're here... She can't wake up."

I could feel the chilly air on my skin. Like me, everyone on the team looked at Abel, who was lying immobile.

Since most of the dolls were cut off with their intervention abilities, Abel must be killed before they can be reconnected... It was not an easy decision to make.

This was something no one expected. Despite knowing what Abel had done up until now and what kind of opponent she was to Cheon Sa-yeon, it was so difficult to open the door. I frowned and lowered my head.

'Still......'

It should be done. He couldn't back down. Abel is that young girl, and even if she's in a state where she can't resist anything... Thinking of the future, Abel had to end here.

"Han Yi-gyeol."

It was then that I bit my lip and took a step closer to Abel. A cold hand gently gripped my wrist.

When I looked up, I saw Cheon Sa-yeon's face with a light smile.

"It is okay."

"Cheon Sa-yeon..."

"Stay back."

"What?"

Cheon Sa-yeon with a sword passed by me. I didn't feel the slightest hesitation from Cheon Sa-yeon as he walked towards Abel.

Realizing what he was about to do, I stood in front of Abel and hurriedly grabbed the arm that raised the sword.

"Now, wait. Wait for a sec..."

When I met the black eyes, my heart felt heavy.

I know I have to kill Abel. The fact that only then can our situation get any better. Above all, this choice was the best considering the painful time Cheon Sa-yeon had been through.

But... I really didn't want to shoulder this burden on Cheon Sa-yeon. Abel can't move her body and she can't be killed because she's a much younger girl than us... It wasn't that kind of problem.

I instinctively knew If I let Cheon Sa-yeon kill Abel like this, he will have to live with one more unforgettable and painful memory. It was so terrible for Cheon Sa-yeon, who was barely holding on because of the burden he had already carried.

Since Abel had done a lot of things so far, I had to let him take revenge. Because I knew very well through the lives that I and Cheon Sa-yeon had already lived that dying and killing someone was not the answer.

I twisted my eyes. Not knowing what conclusion to draw, I opened my mouth to persuade Cheon Sa-yeon, who was ready to wield a sword against AbeI.

"Maybe there is another way."

"......."

"You will carry this burden... There's no need to carry...."

As I spoke with a desperate heart, I realized something. What I was just about to say, where did I hear it?

-After killing? Do you think you can handle that weight, Han Yi-gyeol?

The sensation of the hand gripping the hard knife handle came to mind clearly. The face of Kwon Se-hyun, who was looking at me with a sad expression on the other side.

-You don't have to carry this burden. Therefore.......

The voice that was scattered without ending was surprisingly similar to the current me.