326 (illustration)

I left the basement holding the fainted Kim Woo-jin in my arms. My heart ached as if it were being torn apart by the blood soaking my palms and the fishy smell of blood passing the tip of my nose.

I bit my lip and crossed the hallway where the believers were lying down. My heart was racing, but I couldn't bear to run for fear of harming Kim Woo-jin, who was being held in my arms.

We came up from the third basement floor where Kim Woo-jin was trapped and escaped through the passage at the end of the second basement floor. After returning to the room on the 23rd floor, we immediately took Kim Woo-jin to the Requiem ward.

"This is an emergency patient!"

"The doctor is currently on call. You can go straight into the operating room."

"Guardians, please fill out this document."

At Cheon Sa-yeon's order, the ward staff who had been waiting for Kim Woo-jin came running all at once. Kim Woo-jin, who got out from my arms and lay down on the medical bed, could not wake up even then.

As Kim Woo-jin's guardian, I filled out and handed over the documents and watched in fascination as Kim Woo-jin entered the operating room.

"Master, the doctor is ready... The injury is severe and a healer is needed."

"What is the current remaining healers' level?"

"One B-level person and two C-level people."

Cheon Sa-yeon frowned after hearing the employee's answer.

"Apply as a healer to the Roheon Guild right now... "

"I will do it."

Before Cheon Sa-yeon finished speaking, a familiar voice came from behind. I finally came to my senses and hurriedly looked back.

Min Ah-rin, who I thought was sleeping in the hospital room, was standing there looking at me. Min Ah-rin slowly approached, smiling with her pale face.

"Min Ah-rin, why are you here...."

"I kept waiting. Until Woo-jin-ssi returns."

It's only been a few hours since she collapsed, coughing up blood due to exhaustion of energy. Even if another healer had replenished her energy to some extent, her body and heart would still be in poor condition.

"You don't have to overdo it, Healer Min Ah-rin."

"I'm not overdoing it."

Min Ah-rin did not give up her opinion despite the dissuasion of Cheon Sa-yeon, who, like me, easily sensed Min Ah-rin's condition.

"Even if I don't have enough energy, I have to treat Woo-jin as I have stronger healing power than other healers."

In contrast to her tired appearance, Min Ah-rin's eyes, which said she needed to treat Kim Woo-jin,  shined more vividly than ever.

"I don't want to entrust Woo-jin-ssi to someone else. I will go in."

Seeing Min Ah-rin's unusually decisive appearance, Cheon Sa-yeon eventually gave permission. But I couldn't send Min Ah-rin off with a peace of mind.

What if Min Ah-rin overexerts herself again and falls down? The scene of Min Ah-rin coughing up blood is still vivid in my mind.

"Yi-gyeol-ssi."

As I hesitated because I didn't know what to say, Min Ah-rin smiled and held my hand.

"Do not worry. Both Woo-jin and I will be fine."

"......."

Hot emotions welled up from the friendly consolation. I closed my eyes tightly and barely held back the tears, then looked up and asked Cheon Sa-yeon for permission.