02 | Drunken Mistake 🥀

⚠️(TW- Self Harm.)⚠️

《¤Rosie¤》

Bodies are everywhere, swaying and grinding to the techno music pulsing from the speakers. Colorful strobe lights flutter and flash across La Vipora's dance floor, temporarily blinding me as I shove my way towards Destiny in the middle of it all.

I was tipsy already from the first few shots Destiny had bought for me, yet here I was with a shot glass in each hand, brimming with vodka. My feet scuffed against the dance floor as I eyed the alcohol content and then calculated the distance between Destiny in the middle of the dance floor.

I brace myself and down the shot before I reach her, grimacing and coughing as it burns it's way down my throat. She catches sight of me and giggles.

"Aw, Rosie. Still can't take a shot." She winks and downs hers like it's fucking water.

Sober me would have had a comeback, but tipsy me was in awe. "How do you do that?"

"Practice, babes!" She shouts, throwing her hands up in the air and swaying her hips to the rhythm. "Now come here and shake your fat ass."

I can't stop the maddened giggle that escapes my lips as drop the empty glasses on a waiters platter and follow her command. Destiny was instantly lost in herself, running her fingers through her hair as sweat glistens on her partially exposed breasts. A red tight dress wraps around her body like a second skin, her long tan slender legs on display. It was the very dress she'd begged me to wear. It looked better on her anyway. My head is light, a faint buzz in my ears as a boost of confidence courses through my veins. I allow the music and the four shots of liquid courage to move my body to the rhythm.

Tonight I would forget, even if just for a fraction of a second. In an equally tight black bodycon dress, I allow myself to indulge in the pure bliss La Vipora provides. I've already decided I'd worry about the consequences and hangover tomorrow morning.

I can forget about the tight leash around my throat. Forget boyfriend troubles. Forget about the millions of eyes that track my every move. I can forget about the darkness.

I can forget.

There will be repercussions tomorrow, but I'll deal with it then.

Tonight I'm twenty-four. Tonight I'm young and living life to the fullest.

Destiny suddenly grabs my hands and pulls me close, her hot breath fanning against my ear. I stumble into her, my head spinning.

"You know I love you, right?" She practically yells into my ear. I could barely manage a nod before she's shouting in my ear again. "Don't look now, but someone's eye-fucking you."

She giggles breathlessly. My head turns quickly and she smacks me. "I said, don't look now."

Too late, my eyes have already wondered away and collided with dark mocha ones. My mind may be muggy from the drinks and the room may be spinning, but I can still make out the man standing by the bar. Mr. Stranger is heavily tattooed with a face that screams "fuck me". I'd be lying if I said he wasn't hot.

But a small part of me was startled. Somehow he was familiar. Was it the tattoos? Or was it his dark caramel toned skin? Possibly it could have been the darkness his gaze held. He was familiar, but I just couldn't pinpoint where I'd seen him before.

Deatiny yanks my chin back in her direction, a smirk on her lips as my head spins rapidly from the abrupt movement. "Follow my lead."

Before I can question her, she turns me around to face Mr. Stranger and places her hands on my hips. The swift movement and the vodka does a number on me. I blink rapidly as the dance floor tilts and I can't brace myself as I stumble back into Destiny. Slowly she guides my hips to sway to the rhythm, her chest pressed into my back. His dark eyes watch us, but I can't tell if he's pissed or turned on by our actions. He watches as she lifts my arms above my head and runs her fingertips down them. Her mouth finds my ear as she whisper-shouts over the loud music.