03 | Underboss 🥀

《¤Dominic¤》

Cold amber liquid swirled in my glass as Jorge, the new hire bartender, slid me another glass of bourbon. Perspiration glides down the glasses side as small cubes of ice hiss and crackle within.

I should have intervened the moment I saw him grab her. The fear in her wide green eyes and the instant tears told me enough. He wasn't good to her- wasn't good enough for her. I should have known that knowing who his father was. It was common knowledge of Antonio Rizzos abusive tendencies, it's only natural his son, Luca to learn from him. He watched throughout his childhood as his mother and his stepmother were abused and treated like dogs. A real man would have vowed to do better. But who said Luca Rizzo was a real man?

I knew he was standing to my left, tucked away talking to a young blonde. The bastard was a smooth talker, I'd give him that. He was bragging about his wealth and the empire his father built. It was rather pathetic, actually.

I was so absorbed listening to their conversation, I almost didn't notice the small pink haired woman as she stumbles onto the dance floor. She was absolutely stunning. Black dress hugging her curves, her slender legs exposed and her breasts on perfect display. She was having the time of her life, swaying her plump ass seductively.

It's been over a year since we've been in the same room. The last being her fathers funeral. It was the first time I'd seen her with her hair dyed pink, thinner than I remembered, and there was something different about her that I just couldn't pinpoint. Hollow? No, it was something much more... darker- colder.

Oh course, it was a funeral after all, but that didn't seem to be the reason. Something was wrong with her. Was it Luca? Had he done something to her? Was it Armando? He was a sick bastard when he was alive. The things I'd seen him do...

I shouldn't have cared. I don't care. I'm just simply intrigued. We were nothing but sparring partners and I was nothing but her mentor. But as her ex teacher I should investigate concerns, yes? Her demeanor was a concern, yes?

And so, that's what I've been doing, investigating. A few cameras, half a dozen tracking devices, and an app to inspect all in-coming and out-going calls and texts from her phone. My actions are justified. She's the daughter of the late Don, illegitimate or not. I had sworn to protect his only daughter long before his demise and long before she herself betrayed me. As an Underboss, it is my responsibility to ensure the safety of all protected members established by Armando himself. This list is confidential and only a few names have made this list, a list only entrusted to me.

Rosie Costa was on that short list, along with all of his other children. They were his future to the Costa Nostra. They would decide whether his legacy lived or died with him.

I take a sip as I eye her friend. She was still here even after they left. Does Destiny Cruz remember me? Apparently not. Not from the little show she'd given me before Rizzo rudely stepped in. She'd pulled Rosie into her and next thing I know the little she-devil herself had her green eyes on me. She must have had too many drinks to not notice who I was. Instead she stared at me with wide doe eyes, confused and curious as Cruz's hands slithered across her body.

As much as it was an appetizing sight. Her friend's body language and facial expressions were somewhat off-putting. She wasn't looking at me like Rosie was. Her eyes were honed on Rizzo as he flirted with his choice of the night.

Rosie's Thorns 🥀|18+|🥀जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें