49 | Don't Stop

⚠️ Mention of rape, physical violence, and insinuation of miscarriage. ⚠️

Dark Things ~ ADONA

《¤Rosie¤》

Luca didn't come for me like i had assumed. Instead one of his men, a man in his late thirties, threw open the door and barged in. I sat up straight in alarm as he stalked across the room with a mask of ease on his callused face. My heart, in a constant state of panic, thudded rapidly against my ribs as he stopped in front of me.

We stared at each other. His ice blue eyes clashing with mine as we stayed at a stand off. My body was positioned to bolt at a moments notice, ready for anything. The man was about my height, a little burly, but I felt I could easily slip out of his hold if I played my cards right.

"Mr. Rizzo requests your presence." His voice was a low guttural rumble, one that solified he wasn't about to play games with me.

I didnt know what Luca had planned for me, but I knew starting it off with a fight was exactly what he wanted. So, very slowly, I slipped off the bed and shifted my weight onto my good ankle. He eyed me curiously as I grabbed my cane and staggered to him on my own.

I stopped in front of him and looked him dead in the eyes. "Take me to him."

He hesitated before roughly grabbing my bicep and with the other hand tearing my cane out of my hand and tossing it across the room. I stared at the discarded cane, then looked to him again. He wanted a reaction, but I wasn't about to give it to him. With a grunt of surprise and irritation, he tugged me forward as he turned and began marching towards the door with me in tow. I bit my tongue to keep myself from yelping in pain as I stumbled behind him, rolling my injured ankle and earning a sharp pang of pain as he dragged me through the hall.

We didn't stop in the parlor. He continued drag me through the building until we reached a foyer, where to the left stairs led to the second floor and to the right was the front door. To my surprise he tore open the front door and shoved me outside. I stumbled across the wooden porch, twisting my good ankle and tumbling down the steep steps onto the dirt path. My left shoulder and hip had taken a blow on the way down as I sprawled across the ground. I bit back a groan and whimper of pain as I lifted my gaze.

"Watch it! She might be pregnant!" I heard his familiar voice snap.

Luca stood before me in a pair of grey sweats and a white ribbed tank top. It was a sight I wasn't used to. He leaned against the black car with his hands shoved into his pockets as he eyed me. The porch light illuminated him and the car he leaned against, but everything else within ten feet of him was cloaked in darkness. Night had fallen quicker than I'd expected, a chill nipping through the air.

Autumn was here.

"Let's play a little game." His voice was a low breathy chuckle. "Wouldn't that be exciting?"

"You're scaring me, Luca." I whisper feebly, my voice trembling. I hoped it would somehow make him see reason, but as his eyes lit up with excitement, all hope was lost.

He slowly walked towards me as I scrambled onto my knees painfully. He dropped into a crouch in front of me and took me in slowly. His eyes lingered on my exposed cleavage and then the red dress. He licked his lips as he glanced to my hair as it fell around my shoulders.